Today marks a week since the kids have been in school. I guess I have been a little busy to journal it; better late than never!!!
Jeremy is now a 9th grader so he had to go for the "Freshmen Only" day at Southridge. He LOVES high school. Every single day that I picked him up after football practice, all he had was good to say about it. "We can do this" and "We can do that" and "So much better than middle school." He played his first HS game under the Friday Night Lights on the 4th. He was so cute!!! Once in a while, from the sidelines, he would flex his monsterous, hard as granite calf for us. It was a treat to watch!
Mykalyn is now in 7th grade. Her reports of school were not as positive as Jeremy's. I guess Desert Hills is implimenting some new discipline and the rules have become a little tedious for Mykie. All week she did tryouts for the volleyball team. We find out what team she'll be on on Tuesday.
And what is Tyler doing through all of this? Sleeping. He came home for a couple of weeks for fantasy football (dumb) and to baptize Brigam (really cool). He's not going to school. He happens to be staying with my old boss working as a gopher for his real estate business in Utah. I am glad he is working somewhere because when I asked him for help here (OK, OK, more like yelled at him to help me here) he told me he was on vacation. 'Nuf said about that subject.
Thursday was the day that Brigam got two of his teeth extracted at the dentist's office. Anything to do with teeth is bad enough, but now I had to be there while the dentist tugged on two UN-loose teeth???? Just KILL ME NOW! That was a mom of the year moment for me. You know how I hate teeth unless they are stuck firmly in the mouth! Poor Briggy having to put up with laughing gas, shots and pliers. I didn't even look inside his mouth to see the damage until Saturday. I JUST COULDN'T DO IT!!! This week it's off to the ortho to get spacers put in. Fun for me and my budget! Dang it kid!!! Go brush your teeth!
Saturday is when we signed papers to list the house. I think we have it too low and Mike thinks it's too high. I guess we know who put all her sweat into fixing the place up - am I right?
Needless to say, a busy week. I haven't even written the annual "back to school" letter for each of my kids. I usually do that on the first day. I better get on that before all my "missing you while you're at school" feelings vanish!

0 thoughts on this subject:
Post a Comment