So Christmas is always something to look forward to, but this year it was special because I knew that we would be able to talk with Tyler. We were so excited when he called about 10 am our time. We had some trouble because he gave us a number to call back to, but it was pretty hard to get through. We finally did it though and we all talked to him for like 2 hours. It was great. We all just hung out on a phone and said whatever we wanted when we wanted. It was like having him in the house because we were all walking around and hearing his voice wherever we were.
He is doing so well. We are so proud of the things he is learning about himself. And the Christ-centered life he is trying to live.
He told me in an email the week before that he was really looking forward to our phone call and that he "freakin' loves me". Now I am really not a fan at all of the word freakin, but if he is going to use it in that way, I'll take it!
We had sent him two packages before Christmas. It's hard to send stuff to a missionary because they don't really have a lot of room to pack a lot of stuff around. But we found some stuff. Luckily he did get both of them which I was concerned about because they say that Mexico is pretty tough to get packages through to their intended recipients. There are others that think that I am actually sending boxes to them, even though they say CLEARLY to Elder Nelson So that's what his picture of the boxes are. He was pretty happy to get some stuff from home.
We did find him some stuff he'd enjoy. Just some stuff from the States that he couldn't get there. I made him a Denver Broncos stocking and filled it with all of his favorite Christmas candy. He was thrilled with his packages and felt the love we wanted him to feel sent from his family at home to him.
Just to the right of the center/top of this picture is a little black book that I made. It was based on this video on youtube.
Its from Elder Busche and it's a great uplift for anyone. I made one for Jeremy after he introduced me to the video on line. So I decided to make one for Tyler as well. He was so appreciative of it. He told me that he loved the book and told his companion, "Look! My mom made this!" He's never been so proud of my crafting before!
This is a picture of Elder Nelson with his Mission President. His name is President Alin Spannaus. Tyler really loves him. His testimony has grown so much because of the experiences that they have had together. It's been a great experience for him.
So our Christmas was complete with Tyler in the picture as well. We miss him so much, but we know that he is doing something that will benefit not only him and his future family, but many others in his future. He's already been out there a little over 300 days, so we are almost 1/2 way to a Homecoming Party!




0 thoughts on this subject:
Post a Comment