So it's been quite a while since the updating of the blog activity has been performed. I have been busy with my own "extreme home makeover" session added on to all my other activities. This update doesn't mean that our new home is "move-in" ready. We are still a few weeks away from that. This update only means that I am 700+ miles away from the house making working daily on it pretty close to impossible. I am actually at BYU Women's Conference. As always, it has been an uplifting and educational experience. Each time I come, the first thing I am in awe about is the amount of women that are in attendance. In fact, we tried to attend a class entitled, " Sweet and Simple Teachings that Create a Happy Marriage ( you see, I feel so badly that Mike is not in attendance at this spiritual and informative gathering that on occasion, I take a class particularly for Mike. I then take copious notes so that Mike can learn things as well. I am sure he appreciates me and my great suggestions for the betterment of his life. This "Happy Marriage" class fell into that category.) The "classroom" that this class was being held in actually holds about 1700 people. There are 15 other classes at this same time. Needless to say - we, and a bunch of other women, didn't get to attend the class. It was full. No worries though, I told Mike that I would make him a list of Sweet and Simple Things to make my, ( I mean "our" ) marriage a happy one. He is so looking forward to my list.
I've come to women's conference this year with Pam Nielsen, Sherri Russell and Marie Noble.
(Not pictured is Marie. She was at a different class when this was taken.) It was a lot of fun. Belly laughing is good for all sorts of things. These girls make that easy. I should do it more often.
Not every class was a "winner" for me though. There were some that were making me "VERY, VERY SLEEPY" thus the need for Chocolate. You see my dad was a Boy Scout and taught me well. I am always prepared!!

I was greeted with this when I drove in from Women's Conf. Mykie (and Brigam made is own) created a welcome home sign for me. Wasn't that so sweet? She's such a girl! 
I also got to meet Pam's parents, one sister, brother, a cousin, an "aunt" and a 2nd cousin this weekend. What a great family!!! Her mom and dad (and all of them) welcomed me right in. I am so glad that they are going to be up here with Pam for a change. She has really been looking forward to having them here.
I have also been so busy with that house, I almost completely missed the beginning of Spring. If it wasn't for Jeremy, I would have missed it all together. On a busy street close to our "houses", the city planted many, many trees that line both sides of the road for many, many blocks. These trees have been so bleak and naked for so many months.... Well, I had run Jeremy over to pass off a merit badge sandwiched between putting in a new light fixture and food shopping.
(This is that night at the Court of Honor where Jeremy is now a Life scout. By the end of this year he should get his Eagle. And he's only 14 - what a focused stud-muffin!) 
Now back to the story......As we were pulling out onto this tree lined street - waiting to turn left, Jeremy says, "Mom, these trees are so beautiful! And they smell sooooooo good! Don't they look beautiful?" As I was waiting for a break in the traffic, I looked with new eyes at that lined street. They were beautiful. It looked like fragrant, fluffy clouds on each side of the street.
I thought to myself, "When did that happen?" I mean, I drive that street EVERYDAY. I couldn't believe that I had almost missed it and because of my 14 year old boy that actually appreciates beauty, I didn't miss it. Jeremy is the best! Just to prove I don't always miss things, I took this picture of Spring at BYU while we were there. Aren't they so cute?
I thought to myself, "When did that happen?" I mean, I drive that street EVERYDAY. I couldn't believe that I had almost missed it and because of my 14 year old boy that actually appreciates beauty, I didn't miss it. Jeremy is the best! Just to prove I don't always miss things, I took this picture of Spring at BYU while we were there. Aren't they so cute? Tyler just experienced his first Senior Prom. It was his first (and most likely) last school prom. He went with Carmen, the same girl that he went to homecoming with. Now before you get any ideas about a little lovin' goin' on - He asked Carmen because it was a no pressure date. It was a date of convenience for a night of no romantic pressure fun. They went to Bonefish Grill where Tyler learned about overpriced food and small portions for the money. He did have a fantastic looking tux (as you can see).
He even had shoes that matched his tie. I am NOT KIDDING! Anyway, he got the tux for a bargain price - he is always getting the good deals! I need to take him shopping with me more often. He even found us an (originally) $1300 couch for the barn for $200 at Walker's furniture. It was a returned item, but it is going to work great for the "play room" in the barn. It was the most comfy couch of all the couches there. I should know, we sat on all of them. Tyler would go to a couch, sit in it, say, "Nope, this isn't the one." And quickly proceed to another one only to say the same thing. I showed him the clearance room and there he found "The One". For a man, he really knows how to shop!
Well, the carpet comes in at the end of the week. We are excited. I told the kids (who are having one heck of a time living together in this house for some reason) that they can sleep on the floor of their new carpet on Saturday the 9th if they want. We will be slowly moving our stuff in during the days that follow. Maybe the kids will want to help again???? That would be a marvel! Then Pam's folks, Mike and Lorraine, will be able to move in here and take care of Mom and Dad's house and the garden! Mom and Dad, it won't all go to weeds now - Lorraine is here!!!!
So there is light at the end of the tunnel - not just another paint can to open! :) I'll post more pictures soon!

1 thoughts on this subject:
I am so glad you had a great time at conference and I LOVED and LAUGHED at your humor about the classes and wanting to take classes for Mike's benefit. :) You're always so bubbly and smiling that your a magnet to those around you who see you or hear your voice. I'm going to miss you! But be sure to note I'm visiting and will see you again! PROMISE!
Post a Comment