The following is a report on why I haven't put anything in this blog for so dang long!!!! With help from the family and the super support from my BFF Pam - here's what's been keeping me occupied!
The house before....
The house now..... the shutters are on a little hiatus - they are looking for a new coat of paint in hunter green.
The front room then ....
The front room now with the "magic" paint that seems to change actual color with each room we paint it in.....

The kitchen then with (mostly) '74 cabinets.....
The kitchen now. Yes, it's that blue. I really see it perfectly with the cabinet fronts being refaced and painted a cream color. Seriously.....
This is the cabinet in it's nakedness. It's really going to be uber cool! I just might start making nightly dinners again!
The stairs before.....
The stairs now. This wood is so pretty. I'll have to work on some worn spots with stain to match it, but the look is really beautiful with all the other wood in the house.
The front room now with the "magic" paint that seems to change actual color with each room we paint it in.....
The kitchen then with (mostly) '74 cabinets.....
The master bedroom before. The rose carpet is loverly!!!
The master now - with the magic paint.
Mykie's room before - no seriously - that's really what it looked like.
Mykie's room now. The walls are such a bright yellow that every time I walk past her room I think the lights are on. She wants orange and hot pink in there. It really looks great. Being so bright, it fits her personality perfectly.
Brigam's room before....
Brigam's room now. It is a tool themed room. The words on the wall are different tools made with a font in which each letter is created from tool shapes. Everything is going to be "tool" themed including his "construction" headboard and his sawhorse night stand. More to come.
Tyler's room before....
Tyler's room now.... He originally wanted black (what?? Is he Gothic?) So we decided to go with dark blue and white. A definite U of U lover with those bedroom colors? Whatever!
Jeremy's room before.....
Jeremy's room now. He wants it black and white. I'm ok with the black as long as it is on posters. New York, jets, the SLC temple. It will be filled with black and white posters. Go black!
The barn before....

Jeremy's room before.....
The barn now. It also is missing it's hunter green shutters.
My craft room (in the barn) before.....
My craft room now painted with the magic paint! I am so excited to fill it with paper and vinyl!!!!
Barn living room before....
Barn living room now.... It's going to be a great place for the kids and their friends to hang out. (Especially since I will be right upstairs ANYTIME I WANT)

8 thoughts on this subject:
You guys have been workin so hard! And doing an awesome job! The barn looks like it will be tons of fun, every kids dream!
WOW! You finally did it, and Mike was on board! That is fantastic, and you do have alot of work ahead, but alot of work was done too. It is so nice to have new everything. Are your parents home yet? How far away are you from there and what is your new address? phone? I am so happy for you and your family...jealous of your craft room and bathroom nearby!
So where si this lovely home? I got your message the other day. We were on vacation. Just got back. We will be calling you soon!! GREAT JOB on the house!! You are way more motivated than I am!!
HOLY CRAP!!!! I had no idea you were doing SOOOO much work in there! It looks absolutely FANTASTIC, Terilyn! I love the color of your kitchen (it matches the blue in our bedroom)and it really will look very nice with your cream cabinets. Mykie's room is adorable with the pink and orange dots. The stairs are so pretty... I love that wood. And your barn... OMGoodness! Seriously WAY cool! Your crafting room, a kitchen, and a living room for the kids to hang in??? How much more could you ask for? It's a beautiful home, Terilyn! I'm so glad you guys found it and that you're staying in the ward! You've done a fantastic job on it! :-)
I'm so excited for you guys! It's looking great!!
Looks awsome! LOVE the barn and all the extra space it will give you. I want one...
You really need to update the kitchen with the new cabinet doors they turned out beautiful, and shutters. You amaze me! You can do anything.
I love you;)
I am sure you'll be ecstatic to finally get moved in and settled. Then you can help with someone else's house! hahaha :)
Post a Comment