Well, it's been a bit since I've written. Almost a month. I will give myself a break, a month between journal entries is not half bad. I mean it could be like Mykalyn's and be about a year (kidding, but I think I'm pretty close).
On the 16th of this month, I was given a new calling at church. My BFF Pam had to move out of the ward. They got a super awesome house with 5 bedrooms, two living rooms, a swimming pool and a cabana (my fancy talk to describe the room where you can change into your swimming suit and go potty.) It is FAN tastic!!! But it did mean that she had to move out of the ward. Now I have to drive about 10 minutes to see her at her house. She swears it's 5 minutes, but Pam, you cannot start the timer ticking at Fred Meyer when the light is green!!!!
Anyway, Pam was the Young Women's President in our ward, but now the opportunity has been given to me. I really am excited. I've been in the RS presidency as the enrichment counselor for some time now. I have enjoyed it, but given the opportunity to work with a bunch of fantastic young women----could it get any better?
As one of the first activities in my new calling, I went with the Priests and Laurels on the Priest/Laurel River Float down the Yakima River. Mike actually went with me which was really nice. We had about 17 kids and about 8 leaders. We floated on tubes down the river, actually, DeAnn and I were in raft. I figured that if I was in a tube floating down the river for a few hours, my rear would freeze right off and that would leave me with an odd shape. Unflattering! So the raft was really the smart way to go. It was so fun. We didn't get to stay together much as a group, but with the girls I was able to float with, it was great getting to see their personalities a bit more. The night before the float we camped and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning which, as you know, is really a feat for me. Staying up isn't so tough, it's the actual being nice while I am up after 7:00 pm that is hard for me, but I did it. The kids played a game called Mafia and it was so fun! Chris Blodgett and Tyler Morgan took turns being the narrator for the game. They made it so fun.
Like I said, I am excited. When they sustained me that Sunday I swear I heard a quiet, but enthusiastic, "YES" as my name was called and it wasn't even from Mykie. That's got to make you stand a little taller while they sustain you. Mykie is so excited to have me in there. I am so glad that she is mine. She is very awesome and I heart her dearly.
My whole family knew of the calling since about the beginning of August and they all kept it a secret. They are so good with the secret keeping!!! Bishop LaDow and Brother Marrott came over and showered me with words of encouragement and built me up by telling me of their faith in me. These are awesome men (and not just because they said nice things about me.)
Well, that is the news of the week. Stay tuned for more...........
There is more.........
Aren't you dying to know???????...................

1 thoughts on this subject:
You are going to be one seriously awesome YW pres! I am so excited for you and for the girls. I still miss Mykie, she is such a wonderful girl.
I can just imagine all the roarin good times you are going to have in YW's!
I love being there my self, and I think someone like you is soooo perfect for the job! Good luck!
Post a Comment