Well, it's been a week since my baby turned 8 and yesterday we celebrated his birthday at a big BBQ in the backyard. All I really had to do after sending out invites was buy food and make the cake. It's great having a Mykalyn around because she eals with all the games. She can really keep those kids entertained!!
We had a pinata which Brigam broke off the hanger after his first swing, Mike had to wrap it up with rope so that all the kids could have a chance to beat on it!
Here's the cake. It's a BBQ grill, don't cha know? It turned out OK especially if I don't compare it to the picture I was copying it from.
Brigam could hardly wait to dig into the candy hot dog!
Now he is looking forward to baptism. He was so funny. Grama and Grampa wanted to buy him scriptures and a scripture case for his birthday/baptism. I took him to the store to get them and found a little pamphlet on baptism that was made for kids. He was reading that thing cover to cover. As you can see the boy is badly in need of a haircut. As he was reading his pamphlet, he asked me, "Mom, when am I going to get a haircut?" I had made a couple of appointments, but something always came up and we've had to cancel them. (Hopefully this Tuesday will be the day.) I told him, "Definitely before you get baptized!" He said, "Good, because I don't want my hair to float up on top of the water when I'm getting baptized because then I'll have to do it again. I have to be immersed." Read, Brigam, read!
He plans on being baptized on September 5th at 4:00PM. We were going to do it the first weekend in August, but Grama and Grampa come home from their mission on the 2nd, so waiting a few days so that they can be there is no big deal! That's Labor Day weekend as well so maybe a few of Mike's family can attend too. We'll see, but for now.....Happy Birthday Brigam!

3 thoughts on this subject:
I think your cakes are so awesome! You inspire me :). I can't believe little Briggy is 8! Didn't you just give birth to him? Boy are we getting old fast too then. Just a question I had...how much does Mykie charge when she babysits? I don't ever get a babysitter unless I am in dire straights, but I have no idea what they charge now days.
You did a fabulous job on the cake Terrilyn! I can't believe you would think anything else. It looks like the birthday was a huge success and I hope that many more are to follow. That's so cool that your mom and dad will be there for his baptism! :) Miss ya guys!
Little Briggy is 8. I guess that means I have to stop calling him "Little Briggy" huh? Love the cake! It looks like his birthday was fabulous!
It also looks like Brigam and Josh will be baptized on the same day! Congrats Brigam!!!
Post a Comment