Thanks to the internet, I sound like I have complete command of the Spanish language. But, in better news, I have found out 7 days after the fact that my boy is safe and sound in Mexico. I finally sent an email message last night to the 3 emails I had for the mission. The mission itself, President Spannaus and Sister Spannaus' emails. This morning I was rewarded with an email from President Spannaus and a couple of photos.
Dear Sister Nelson,
Sorry about not being able to keep you informed as we like. What we do every time a new missionary arrives in our mission is to send that very same day an email with a couple of pictures and a brief note to the parents so they are informed and don’t get anxious.
The problem this time was that elder Nelson has given me your email address and your husband’s but apparently with some error because it came back to me as “undeliverable”. Here I am sending the pictures again and I hope this time you get it.
About the letter you have sent about your son, yes I have received that one, thank you very much. You will receive news from Elder Nelson this coming Monday which is his p-day and it´s the day our missionaries are allowed to write to their families.
Have a great Sabbath day!
President Spannaus
Mexico Cuernavaca Mission
From: Alin Spannaus
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:50 PM
To: 'mikenelson@hotmail.com'
Subject: YOUR SON ARRIVAL
Dear Nelsons:
Attached you will find some pictures we took this morning that you may enjoy. Dear family, your son is in the best hands he could be, in the hands of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I will be co-worker with him in this part of the vineyard. Thank you for raising this fine young man, he will be a great missionary.
With sincere love!
Presidente Spannaus
Misión México Cuernavaca
Dear Sister Nelson,
Sorry about not being able to keep you informed as we like. What we do every time a new missionary arrives in our mission is to send that very same day an email with a couple of pictures and a brief note to the parents so they are informed and don’t get anxious.
The problem this time was that elder Nelson has given me your email address and your husband’s but apparently with some error because it came back to me as “undeliverable”. Here I am sending the pictures again and I hope this time you get it.
About the letter you have sent about your son, yes I have received that one, thank you very much. You will receive news from Elder Nelson this coming Monday which is his p-day and it´s the day our missionaries are allowed to write to their families.
Have a great Sabbath day!
President Spannaus
Mexico Cuernavaca Mission
From: Alin Spannaus
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:50 PM
To: 'mikenelson@hotmail.com'
Subject: YOUR SON ARRIVAL
Dear Nelsons:
Attached you will find some pictures we took this morning that you may enjoy. Dear family, your son is in the best hands he could be, in the hands of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I will be co-worker with him in this part of the vineyard. Thank you for raising this fine young man, he will be a great missionary.
With sincere love!
Presidente Spannaus
Misión México Cuernavaca
I was so happy to hear from him. I am excited for tomorrow because it's Tyler's P-Day. I am excited to hear of his experiences a week into Mexico. I am sure that he is a little homesick so we are continually praying for his safety and peace.

He looks so grown up. He definately has the Spirit with him. You can see it in his face!!! I love my boy!


0 thoughts on this subject:
Post a Comment