Sunday, February 17, 2008

I have been TAGGED!

Rules of this game.
1.Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2.At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts thier names and then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and that they should read your blog. Got it? Good!

10 years ago.....

Mike and I were in Sandy, Utah living in the house I grew up in. I was working as a real estate agent and an assistant someone who has become a great friend (Austin Heywood) at Coldwell Banker. Mike was working at OSHA as a safety compliance officer (many employers where NOT happy to see him) and (on weekends and when not working or going to school) at Lewis Brothers Stages as a tour bus driver while he was finishing up his master's degree at University of Utah. I was playing the role of a working, church attending, calling fulfilling, single mother of 3 with an occasional dinner guest (Mike).
Tyler got baptized that same year (on his birthday) and started on his first football team, Jeremy was 4 and Mykie turned 2 that year and learned how to say "butterfly" and "helicopter", but they came out as "flutter-dye" and "talk-a-talker".
We sold our Sandy home in Jan 2000 to move to Washington (OK, I just realized that I updated you all about stuff that happened 9 years ago, not ten. That could be because I have seen being 28 years old 1 too many times!)

5 things on my list to do today......

1. Sleep in! My word, it's almost 1:00 am!

2. Work to relieve my boss at 11:30 - 12:00

Workout at 12:00 and play Squish with my boss at 1:00 (she's such a patient teacher!)
3. Take a nap! (You think that will really happen on a NO SCHOOL MONDAY? Wishful thinking!)
4. Update my blog with something from my life!
5. Do Taxes and Budget (unless something way funner comes my way like doing laundry or scrubbing the bathroom) :)

Snacks I enjoy....

I am a Carb junkie. Cookies are something that I love! Homemade are best (with no wrinkled-up, dated, OLD raisins in them). I went for 4 weeks without making homemade cookies, now I need to go 4 more weeks.

I also LOVE water. Can't go without it. Is that considared a snack? My stomach doesn't think so.

What I would do if I were suddenly a millionaire....

One thing I would love to do is travel and take my kids with me (in an adjoining hotel room you know). I'd love to have my extended family with me. How fun would Hawiaii be with everyone? I'd also love to be able to say, "Yes, make that the whole meal deal for everyone!" at the fast food joints rather than having to say, "Only 2 things off the dollar menu kids!"

Three bad habits.....

1. Watching too much TV

2. Biting off more than I can chew (not literally, do you think I want to choke?) Sometimes I say, "yes" too much and then the stuff that really needs to get done (like taxes and budget) get put way up on the high shelf. I don't have time to reach it!
3. Having a short fuse about stupid things that don't matter - especially with my kids!

Five Places I have lived....

1. Sandy, Utah

2. Logan, Utah

3. Ephraim, Utah

4. Denver, Colorado

5. Pasco, Washington

5 jobs I have had....

1. Little Caesar's Pizza (but not as little Caesar!)

2. Winchells Donuts (introduction to my love of sweet carbs - need I say more?)

3. Teacher's Aide for 2 teachers at Snow College

4. Harold Dance Brokerage in Logan, Utah

5. Real estate agent for Coldwell Banker - and there's more! So many more!

Five things people don't know about me.....

1. I am adopted - one of the three adopted kid's in my family (You probably ALL know this by now, but what can I say - my life is an open book. What you see is what you get. There are no secrets.)

2. I apologize to my kids almost on a daily basis for some rude behavior I have exibited. I am trying to act like an adult, but they are pretty good at apologies as well.

3. I started Kindergarten when I was 4 and graduated High School when I was 17

4. When I was about 17, I was dating a boy named David while my brother, David was dating (his now wife,) Terilyn. My parents said there can not be David and Terilyn and Terilyn and David. One has to go. My David was the one to go - Geez, parents always know best!

5. I am REALLY 38 years old turning 39 in October. (Wow, that was enlightening!)

I am tagging Taunya, Amy, Catherine, Lee and Kristin A!

I really did this Monday even though the date stamp says Sunday.

5 thoughts on this subject:

cate create said...

Thanks for the tag! I loved hearing what you had to say about the questions. You always have such a unique perspective on life, and a great sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

You are always so funny. I never know that you went to Kindergarnder when you were 4years old. WOW that's impressive.
I love your books that you made, they are so cute. You are so crafty...

Chelsie

Jan said...

Thats was very enlightning. I chuckled at the apologizing to the kids daily. I know exactly what you mean. You've lived a fun life.

Ms. Kristen said...

Fun to learn all the facts on you! What....you watch tv too much! Not you! I gotta beat!

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

Hey i didn't know you lived in Logan. I love it up here!