Tuesday, February 5, 2008

About Matrimony

I found this questionnaire on Kristin's blog and decided to answer it myself. How fun!

About my "tru wuv"

What is his name? Michael Ray Nelson

How long have you been together? We have been married for almost (in June) 19 years.

How long did you date? We met in August of '88 and married in June of '89. What can I say? Once he found me he couldn't dare let me go! I actually roomed with his sister at Snow College the year before so I already had an "in" with the family.

How old is he? He is the BIG 4-0! As everyone knows - I am 28 FOREVER!

Who eats more? OREOS - me, of course. They are splended little hunks of high fat heaven. Protein including gross stuff like fish - Mike.

Who said I love you first? I am sure that I did, but maybe not to his face. I remember being an RA at the dorms and as I would go around and do the "guys out" check - I'd tell the girls that he was the father of my future children. He just didn't realize it yet. Sometimes they are slower at things aren't they?

Who is taller? He is, but only by inches (like two). High heels aren't necessarily something we agree on.

Who can sing better? Me, definately. I love to hear him try to sing acapela. He finds a note, hums it and then starts singing on a totally different note! I love that he is willing to sing though. He does entertain us with HIS version of verses from the 80's songs. He complains about them changing the words on him.

Who is smarter? I'd definately say HIM with no hesitation. It may take him a while to come up with the answer (because he's got a lot of brain to go through to find the deeply hidden answer), but he's always right - about factual stuff - not important stuff! :)

Who does the laundry? I do most of it, but he does pitch in on the weekends.

Who pays the bills? I do. I also spend the money. With great power comes great responsibility (and other perks). teh

Who sleeps in the right side? He does, but the kids always know to walk clear arount the be and whisper, "Mom!" I asked them why they whisper if their intent is to wake me up - they tell me it's because they don't want to wake dad us. Aren't they thoughtful?

Who mows the lawn? Mike. I don't care if the grass is up to my knees - that is a job I will never do! But I do install ceiling fans and other light fixtures, clean out the p-traps under the sink when they get clogged and change out doorknobs, etc.

Who cooks dinner? I do, but he's able. He is very appreciative and thanks me every time I do it.

Who drives? He does, especially on those long trips to Utah and the like. He's such a gentleman! He also still opens the door for me to get in and gives me a kiss.

Who is more stubborn? Depends on what's important. He is when it is about something dumb, I am when it's important.

Who kissed who first? It was mutual.

Who asked who out first? He would say he did, but that's exactly what I wanted him to think. I'm so tricky!

Who proposed? He did. February 10, 1989 at the Valentine's Dance at the Institute Building. He hung a big banner over the band that said, "Terilyn, I love you! Will you marry me? Love, Mike
(like I needed to know who THAT was from!)

Who has more friends? I do, but he seems to know more people when we go out. Why don't you girls go out more so I look more popular!?

Who is more sensitive? Hands down that would be me. That's one reason why "I complete him".

Who has more siblings? He does, comes from a family of 9 children. My first reaction coming from a family of 3 children was, "Does it ever get quiet here?" Yes, between 1-4 am.

Who wears the pants? We both do. But sometimes I do use the old standby on the kids of, "Because that's what your dad wants!"

Mike is a super guy that I love deeply. He puts up with me and I thank him for it. My journey though life would not be sweet if it wasn't for him.

5 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

Yeah, I've seen you with heels on next to Mike...it 'aint perty for him.

Mike is a great guy. And you guys are such a wonderful couple. I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is really cute. I love all the information about you and Mike. Fun!
Sounds like you and your family are adjusting to life in Kennewick even with the crimes.

We need to catch up soon.

Chelsie

Ms. Kristen said...

I love to hear everyones' true wuv stories! Fun! I graduated in 89! You were one young chicka!! Hey, pick a time when the ladies can get together!

Taunya said...

Haha! I just love your answer to the stubburn question! What a fun questionaire!

Jan said...

Hey Terilyn. I did one of these too. It was fun to conjure up some memories and to remember reasons for you wuvvy. I know you know my niece Shiela. You came over once. But I read a post of yours and I said oh her. She's nice.