Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley, Beloved Prophet

My brother called just a short time ago and told us the news from Utah. President Hinckley, at age 97, has passed away at home with his family near by.
I love President Hinckley. He was such a great and marvelous man of the church and man in this world. Every time he spoke, I wanted to do better. I wanted to be a better member of the church, mother, neighbor, child of God. He was such a great example, motivator and teacher. I will miss him and his wonderful sense of humor.
But on the other hand, I am so glad that he will be able to join his lovely wife now. I am sure that he has missed his "second half" the second she left. The reunion that he is having with his wife and parents must be indescribable. Not to mention having our Father greet him with, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
He will be missed terribly, but our joy is that much more because of his efforts here on earth on our behalf.
I have no doubt that the Church will continue to flourish under acting President Packer's loving watch. Then in a few days President Monson will be sustained. I love the way that Christ set up our Church.

5 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

President Packer? I thought it President Monson was next. Isn't he the President of Quorum of the 12? And Packer is the acting president? Or maybe I've got it mixed up. Either way, you are absolutely right. That is the amazing thing. This is the Lord's church and it will move forward.

I will miss President Hinckley's wonderful sense of humor. I will always remember him "knighting" President Eyring last fall. How cute was that?

Terilyn said...

Yeah, Tiff, you're right. Packer is acting president right now. I am sure that in a few days President Monson will be sustained as the Prophet. I'd better add something to my blog!

Lee said...

Seriously a sad, and happy day. I agree that our Church is set up so perfectly.

MadMadameMim said...

you post was so well written, I totally feel I thats you said. It has been a time of mixed emotions but in the end all I can really feel is joy for him and his reunion on the other side. I will miss him dearly.

Ms. Kristen said...

Hooray....for the true church established on the earth today! True order! I will miss him too!

Side note: I read your past posts and loved the one about the "cup"!!! Where are the Qtips? It could be the blaring music they play at the gym? Funny!
Tyler is one cool dude!