Sunday, January 27, 2008

Teenagers are good for a few laughs

I just have to share the "teenager funny of the week" with you all. You'll get a kick out of this one.
Tyler had a job interview with the Kid's Activity Director at the Tri-City Court Club this past week. Things were going well in his interview. Roberta was telling Tyler about how the kids play soccer and dodge ball, etc. Then she asked, "So do you come to the Club a lot?" I'm not sure if it is the fact that we have been out of Q-tips for a while and cleaning of the ears hadn't been done or simply his brain was working faster than his ears, but he misunderstood the question. He paused for a minute, unsure how to answer and then said, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" Roberta repeated herself and then Tyler laughed a bit and said, "Oh, I thought you said, 'Do you wear a CUP a lot?' " Roberta got a good laugh with that one.
When Tyler was telling us about it he said, "Well, she was telling me about the dodge ball and soccer and I guess that I thought she thought it might be a good idea to wear one." Is that the funniest?
The next day I went into Roberta and asked her if she did a cup-check on all her applicants. She laughed and told me that THAT interview would go down in her interview history.
The greatest thing about this whole story is the fact that Tyler wasn't embarrassed at all. He repeated what he thought she said and then he shared the funny with us. He is such a good sport! What a great example with being comfortable with yourself!
PS By the way, Roberta isn't hiring until next month - he's supposed to call back then. He thinks that is a good sign.

0 thoughts on this subject: