Sunday, January 27, 2008

No School Mondays are rivaled by No Church Sunday

Today was a day that went down in history for Mike and I. It was the first time that we have ever had church canceled. Our Home Teacher called this morning to make sure we had the news. That is how bad the weather was today.
It started yesterday with the freezing rain. The rain coming down froze so quickly that Mike had to scrape the car windows each time we came out of a store. That would make 4 times. (Yes, Mike and I had many errands to do yesterday and he was a good little shopper though all of them. All you women would be so proud of him.)
This morning the snow started somewhere between 5-7 am and didn't stop until at least 12 hours later. I bet their is about 9 inches out there. I just feel fortunate that we have our electricity.
The day was a memorable one as we decided to have our own Sacrament Meeting complete with the Sacrament and Testimonies. It was kind of cool to have Mike preside, Tyler bless the Sacrament and Jeremy pass it. Then everyone actually bore their testimonies. It was neat because Brigam had never tried baring his testimony and it had been since Primary I had heard Tyler's or Jeremy's (not counting Sacrament talks they have given in the past.)
It was a super neat experience to know that the very same Priesthood that presides, blesses and passes the sacrament at church is the same that my "boys" hold. Makes me a very grateful member of our church.

2 thoughts on this subject:

Lee said...

That is really cool, we just sat at home and ate.

MadMadameMim said...

That is really awesome. How great to think you have so many worthy priesthood holders in your own home.