Sunday, July 6, 2008

Are We There Yet?

In one of my past posts, I mentioned that Mike and Jeremy took no small hike to
Mt. St. Helen's.
I should have given it much more attention because Mike has casually mentioned twice that they took some GREAT pics up there and had I posted them on my blog yet? I don't even think Mike reads my blog on a regular basis, but he must think the masses do and that it would be cool for he and Jeremy to go down in history as "Kings of the mountain". So I will do this for him and Jeremy and for the simple fact that I am just so dang proud of both of them.
Jeremy not only completed the 6 hour climb up the thing, but he was also carrying a pretty big pack on his back. Not one of those dinky school sized ones. I'm telling you it was large and in-charge. This is impressive to me because the boy doesn't even tip the scales at 100 lbs yet. He actually can look Ethiopian if he sucks in his stomach just a little bit, but I have noticed lately that his biceps and triceps have got great definition on them. I tell him that I have greatly defined biceps and triceps too, but they are just hiding under a layer of delicious Oreos.
When those two wonderful boys reached the top, this is what they saw:
This one is a picture of Mt. Rainer in the distance.






The next one is a shot of Spirit Lake.




This was Jeremy's reaction to finally reaching the top of that difficult climb:
I am just so impressed that they both worked so hard and were so greatly rewarded with a feast for the eyes. I am sure that they will remember this one FOREVER!

Just a note, out of 26 people 18 boys and 2 awesome girls made it to the top. No, not one of those gals were me, but I do have to give props to Linda and Ali McCullough. All I can say is , "You go, girls!"

I told Mike that climbing Mt. St. Helen's would be something I'd like to try next year. He said he had the same thought. It might be much different for him next year encouraging me on the climb. I am sure that I will turn right back into my childish behavior and ask for 6 hours straight, "Are we there yet?" Hopefully by next year, Mike and I will both be physically up to the task! Me with some weight and endurance training and Mike with some patience training in answering the same question again and again!

1 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

Wow, I am SO impressed! I love Jeremy's celebration picture at the top.

I also love that you told him where your muscle was hiding. Funny, mine have the same thing covering them up too!!