Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brigam's Birthday Party


Well, the big day has come and gone. My baby baby is now 7 years old. He had a great party time (due in no small part to Mykalyn (future party planner) and my BFF and her crew). The cake was (can I say) HUGE and got lots of giggles and a huge hug from the Birthday Boy to his mama the cake decorator.

We played pin the tool on the tool box and the blind fold was somewhat rudimentary, but worked none the less.



Mykie put together a treasure hunt to look for their goodie bags. In the goodie bags was yummies, a wood project, safety glasses and a hammer. Yes, I did say a hammer. Some moms were probably not too thrilled that I gave their 7 year old a hammer but

1) they needed it for the project. Could you imagine eight 7 year olds using 1 hammer to make a squirrel feeder or a land racer. Seriously! AND

2) my kid knows how to use a hammer (maybe not WHEN to use a hammer, but how to use one.)

So my apologies after the fact that the take home fun prize was a hammer. They loved the wood crafts they got to make.


I had a plan for an obstacle course that involved wrenches, fixing a bike tire, hammering nails, nuts and bolts, etc., but we ran out of time.

Present time was next.


Josh is explaining the finer points of crossbow action!
Present time is always a hit!
Then came the cake and slushies! Mykie, Rachel, Courtney and Gabby (the only girl that was at Brig's party) made the best slushies and the kids all wanted a second serving.
All in all, it was a great time for the kids. I think that Brigam had so much fun. I only have a few years left of "theme" parties for Brigam. Mykie is having a slight theme party for hers in October, but after that I am sure that it is "just pizza, a movie and 10 girls to sleep over please mom!" My theme b-day cakes will be a thing of the past - hope you got a slice from history!

6 thoughts on this subject:

Shayla said...

Love the cake, Terilyn. So fun! Looks like a great party for a 7 year old boy. :-)

Ms. Kristen said...

Yeah! Brigam........where has the time gone? Didn't you used to be three yesterday?
Cute Birthday! Call me! We can talk!

tharker said...

You weren't kidding, that cake was AWESOME!

Thanks for inviting Josh, he had SUCH a good time. And yeah, thanks for the hammer.... No really, Spencer and I both thought it was the coolest birthday goodie bag!

I love the picture of Josh showing the finer points of the crossbow. When he picked that gift I was like, "Yeah, Terilyn might not appreciate a crossbow" but I figured since they were Nerf darts, it probably couldn't hurt....much.

I'm happy Brigam had a great birthday. I love that boy. I agree with Kristen. Shouldn't he still be that adorable little 3 year old wearing cowboy boots EVERYWHERE????

Misty said...

You are so talented! I need to take some lessons. I was going to attempt making Brock's Wall-e cake and chickened out.

Roxy said...

I hope Brigam got to lick the tools after the cake was cut! That is way, way cute. You should have your own show...like the Ace of Cakes!

Pam said...

I agree on the show. You are so talented maybe you should go on that show the next home show star! you would win.
My Mom loved my blog she wants one now.
love ya
BFF