Sunday, July 6, 2008

MY BABY IS BACK!

Just this past Saturday, July 5th, 2008 a beautiful boy joined our family once again. I have been longing for his presence in our family for sometime now and was thrilled when at (approx.) 3:00PM he drove up in a little white GEO and presented himself for hugs and kisses from his mama.
Yes, I did say drive, I guess that the above photo is a little dated. Here's a more current one:

Tyler was gone for 13 LONG days on a visit to Los Angeles, California with his friends Jon and Carlin.

("Boys! Stop playing with that! Someones going to get hurt!")

They saw a lot of sights while they were there including the Stars Walk of Fame (where they saw Chuck Norris' star), a taping of an episode of Ten Years Younger (Tyler kept waiting for them to ask him for his guess on her age. I am glad I wasn't there for that! I'm sure she would have cried with his guess), Rodeo Drive, The Hollywood Bowl, the beach and palm trees etc, etc. He even took a great pic of a palm tree from his perspective.


He did take quite a few photos, but some of them are a bit blurry. I guess I forgot to tell him to hold his breath before he pushes the button.
The reason for the trip was because his friend Jon used to live there and wanted to go visit friends and family so it was just the boys that went down. Jon just joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the Saturday before the Monday they left.

You'd think as a parent I'd be a little freaked out with the lack of responsible adults that were going to be around, but I wasn't. I really felt that this would be a great experience for him and that he would be safe while he was away. Besides from Tyler's point of view, sometimes he and the boys were the most responsible adults around.

They even went to church on Sunday which is pretty amazing when you think that not one other person they were visiting with were LDS, but I didn't expect anything less from him.
I know the trip was great for him and that he learned a lot. He called me each and every day, just as I requested. At one point I asked him if he was having fun. He told me that he was, but that it would be more fun with family. Yes, he was talking about our family! He even told Mykie twice on the phone that he loved her and she danced around the house for an hour afterwards both times singing the song of brotherly love.

I am glad that he had this experience. It only adds to the experiences he'll need as a missionary. That's only about 1 1/2 years away you know. But I am soooooooo glad that my baby is back!

*Note - this is my second blog for the day. I sometimes have so much to say! Look down to the next one for a insight to Mt. St. Helens.

5 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

I love the baby picture! Tyler was adorable.

This sounds like it was a great experience for Tyler. Good for him to be able to do this. He is such a good kid, and I can't even believe he is only a year and a bit away from a MISSION!!! What???? "Dirty Snow" is almost old enough for a mission????? heeheee ;)

(I thought T-dog would get a big kick out of that one from The Thark)

Lee said...

Hey Terilyn! I can't believe he is so GROWN UP!! Crazy. And email me lee1201@msn.com and I will give you some locations.. and I am more than willing to edit for you in exchange for some vinyl. That sounds awesome!

Taunya said...

You crack me up! I was freakin out there for a bit. I kept thinking... "What? I'm sure Terilyn wasnt pregnant, and I know she doesnt have kids old enough to be having kids, so I know she cant be talking about a grand baby joining her family. Who is this baby?!" HAHA! You got me girl! :) So glad your son is home!

AOlson said...

He is not old enough for a road trip on his own, is he?!?! Oh my goodness where did the time go? What a great experience for him. Awesome. By the way, I need to get with you on some more vinyl that I would like!!

Ashley said...

How fun! I remember me and a bunch of girlfriends doing the exact same thing. We went to L.A. and did baptisims for the dead at the L.A. Temple, played at the beach, and went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It was so fun and such a good experience. What an awesome mom you are to let Tyler experience that. ;)