Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who's ready for the next BIG SEASON?

Now that the kids are back to school you might think that the next big season we have coming up is Halloween. But you'd be wrong. The next season is

FOOTBALL, BABY!!!

Jeremy has yet to play his first game, but Tyler's inaugural senior game was last night -

-Friday Night Lights-

It was a fun game against Richland High School at Richland's field. Partially fun because it was the first one and it is football and the rest of the way fun because Pasco WON! The score was 22-7. Tyler started and played Defense the entire night. He was awesome especailly when they tried to pass to a teammate in Tyler's general direction. He's very good at knocking down those passes and sometimes he'll even decide to hang on to one and run the opposite direction and before you know it TOUCHDOWN! Ok, that didn't happen last night, but it has happened before and I am sure that it will happen again this season.

It's so much fun to watch your kid play under the lights. And fortunately for me, it doesn't make me feel old. 28 is the perfect age to be (for me). You know me, once I put my mind to something, that is where it will stay.

Anyway, back to Tyler and football. As if the game and watching Tyler's talents weren't exciting enough - opening the Tri-City Herald this morning brought us this little treat:



It mentioned that "Pasco's Tyler Nelson, left, breaks up a pass intened for richland's Trevor Hay on Friday at Fran Rish Stadium in Richland." OK, it didn't mention it - that's what it said exactly! I think he was more thrilled than he let on, but I didn't care who knew that I was thrilled. I'm sure that comes as no surprise since I am blogging about it!
Well, there is a game on, so I have to go. Hope you enjoy "the season!" I know I will!

8 thoughts on this subject:

dots said...

SO CRAZY!! a SENIOR!! and SMASHING around on the field too!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Цу аү Зйыёүв Цүибужөгл айту энлужв

The above is our way of saying "Great game, Tyler. Go - Pasco!!

Send more pictures..

Taunya said...

Oh my! I'm sure these days are so sweet for you! I love watching Jackson play and he is only 7. I can only imagine when he is in high school and gets his picture in the paper! Congrats Tyler!

tharker said...

Do you want to hurt me Terilyn???? You're posting a picture of a Bulldog crushing my Bombers???? heeheee!

To tell the truth, I'm probably more of a Bulldog fan now anyway. But oh how my heart leapt when I saw that green and gold!

I can't believe Tyler is a Senior!

AOlson said...

GO TYLER! We LOVE football season too. Og course we cheer on the blue and gold SUNS but if Pasco is playing not the opponent then go Bulldogs!! How fun for you to watch Tyler play!!!

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

I can't believe that a kid I used to bbsit is now a senior in high school! I love to read all of your blogs. It looks like you have a pretty good player on your hands too. I sure hope we get a couple too.

Roxy said...

That is a great shot of Tyler! One for the ol' scrap book. Must be a proud moment. You weren't a football fan in High school were you?

Pam said...

What an AWESOME Picture I still want an autograph!