Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Football Report

As I informed all of you before, it’s football season. We’ve had 3 games since I announced the season. Two of them Tyler's and one of them Jeremy’s. Here’s some shots of Jeremy.


Jeremy is in the middle of this shot in the red uniform. He is number 41.

The kid that has finally hit the 100 lbs mark is on defense (truly the best place for my Bear at this time) and they’ve put him in as nose guard. For those of you who don’t know this position, it is the player on defense right across from the huge center who is hiking the ball to the quarterback on offense. Um, Jeremy better watch the center closely. If some of those centers were to get off balance and fall forward, it’d be curtains for my Bear. His determination is quite admirable. He really puts 110% into it on the field. Just like in about everything he does. You might wonder the training that has to happen to create such a focused player. I have photos of that too.


It's call the "X-Box trainnng." Thanks to Madden 2000-2008 my boys are more than ready for any football situation (especially their thumbs!)
His team lost the game, but he still looks so cute in his uniform. Yes, I am talking about a football player and I say cute. They just are. Even though he doesn’t resemble a bobble-head doll like he did when he had the uniform on and he was 6 and 7, I still think he is cute!
Jeremy’s team had their second game this past Thursday, but Jeremy was unable to play because of an earlier injury he sustained on the trampoline on Sunday. Now, I was trying to be the “teaching mother” again when this happened. I have told them that they shouldn’t be playing out there on a Sunday, that something bad was going to happen, and it finally did. Brigam was out there with him, Jeremy claims he was doing a regular flip and landed on his neck wrong, but I think he is covering up for the amazing Ninja in Brigam. I am sure that Jeremy thought he was going for a regular flip, but Brigam brought out his pinky and in one small “Skidoosh” …. Tisk, tisk, tisk – Jeremy never knew what hit him.
I told him (after the fact because that’s what moms do) that he should have been in reading scriptures like the rest of us. He claims that I was sleeping – not reading when it happened, but I set him straight. I told him that I was praying REALLY HARD about what I read. Maybe he’ll learn.
Anyway, he is fine and will be back on the field on Monday barring any inappropriate Sunday activities, that is. But here is a shot of him on the field at that first game.

Tyler’s team has also had two games since I last posted. We drove up to Wenatchee on the 19th (2 ½ hour drive with the rest of the kids and two of their friends with us. I am sure that the ticket takers thought we were Mormons for sure with all those kids. It just shows our dedication as parents and makes my birthday gift from the kids seem a little more needed for all I do for them. It’s two fold rewards, really.) By the way, the ride up there was very entertaining with those extra kids. I guess they got bored in the back so the girls decided to do Devin's hair with their extra pony tail holders. Jeremy would have been happy to comply, but his hair only raises off his head by about 1/2 inch. I thought I'd put in a pic of that too.




Back to the game, they won that game in over time – Pasco scored first on the Kansas City Tie-Breaker. I really wonder why they call it that. Whatever.

Here’s Tyler and his defensive line with their coach getting some last minute instruction. I can just imagine the pep-talk now, “Don’t let him get past you!” Great coaching, Coach! (By the way, Tyler's number is 17)


What is important is this little piece of viewing pleasure. This play was in the end of the fourth quarter. If Tyler had missed this defensive tackle – there would have been no overtime. Pasco would have gone home with their heads hanging low because that offensive player would have made it to the end zone for a touchdown.

But my magnificent Tyler made the tackle and saved the score!

Here's a video of that great play.
Then there's the one of the celebration afterwards in front of the crowd. Such pride!
Their game this last Friday against Moses Lake was a different story. They lost 3-14. Sad stuff. Pasco was in the red zone early two times in the game, but didn't get in the end zone. They should have taken advantage of that - and maybe tried NOT to get so many penalties. This is a pic of Tyler and teammate digesting what the score was telling them.

Sad, but maybe they will learn from it and maybe the pressure of being undefeated will be off! Then they can just relax and enjoy the game like it was just in their backyard - with big lights, AstroTurf, a huge crowd yelling - well it was a nice thought!

See you under the lights!

7 thoughts on this subject:

AOlson said...

I am so glad that someone else loves high school football as much as we do. We haven't missed a Southridge game!! We LOVE it!! So, on October 9th, it'll be Pasco vs. Southridge at Lampson. Will YOU be there? That'll be such a great game!! Kayla will be dancing in the half-time show with my sister. You'll have to look for her. Can't wait to see you there!!!!

Taunya said...

I love the clip of Tyler's hit! Isn't it so fun watching your kids play football?! We are REALLY enjoying watching Jackson play this year and he is only 7. I can only imagine what it's like when they are in high school!

We will be going to the Southridge/Pasco game on October 9th. Jessica will be dancing at halftime. Hopefully we'll run into you! :)

tharker said...

You are a football loving mama!

Oooh, I want to see the rivalry go down between you and Amy. Maybe I'll go to the game too ;)

Holy huge pumpkin!!!! Way to go Brigam!

polka dots said...

Dear Terilyn,

Why have I not seen you for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. I miss you too!

Kristin

Your kids are getting so big!

Ms. Kristen said...

Way to go Nelson Boys, Way to go!!
That was my football cheer!
I am with Kristin, you need to come for a visit!

Nice Pumpkins! No, I didn't mean that~!!!!!

Pam said...

Wow great pictures you win Mom of the year. What a talented family! Ok we defenently need to keep that picture of Devin for black mail. What a proud mom I am.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Wow I cant believe you are 28! You look so young for being that old. I love you!

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Terilyn.