Friday, October 3, 2008

The Birthday Girl Speaks

I had a terrific anniversary of my 28th birth year yesterday. Thank you to all who sent me well wishes!


I started the day at about 6:00 am when I have to get the precious angels up and at 'em for school time. I was greeted with a birthday message from my sweet hubby written on our bathroom mirror in my favorite lipstick color. Hopefully, I will be getting a new tube of lipstick for my birthday.


Next, Mykie gave me birthday love hugs and a cute I love you card she made herself along with some sun catchers she made.


Brigam gave me a magnificent framed piece of art that he himself made. He's really quite the artist in an abstract sort of way.


Birthday wishes were given by all my precious ones as they left for their institutes of higher learning for the day.


Then I went into work. Yes, I said work, what else would I do by myself on my birthday - stay home and eat bon bons on the couch all day? Really, does that sound like me? I did go to work and there waiting for me were balloons blown up from a co-worker from the night before. Peggy was also there blowing up balloons a being a bit upset because I spoiled her surprise by coming into work a little early! SORRY! But she gave me the coolest singing card with the song, "Do You Believe in Magic" which I thought was so cool because I had never gotten a singing card before, the cutest feet covers, some WW items worth less than 2 points each, and my very own birthday/princess crown. I was so excited about the crown and I was not afraid to wear it. Peggy knew that I was going to kickboxing as well and challenged me (or actually told me) that I was to wear it during class as well. I have no problem with that. It's my birthday and EVERYONE should be celebrating it and me!!!!!


So I wore it to class where I think it brought much giggles to my fellow kickers. The great thing about that class was that as my birthday gift, Tina (one of the instructors) played my favorite kickboxing song and told me to come on stage with her to do the routine! I was a little hesitant, but went up there and loved it!!! I just don't know how they get the routines into their heads and can talk to the class at the same time. I am breathless when I am doing it!!!


After that, I went back to work (thanks Sylvia for letting me break for my class) and enjoyed the rest of my day in my birthday crown.


When I got home, I took a nap (it was my birthday) and got up to attend Jeremy's game. This is the only picture I have of him. If you look closely you can see his cleat there in the middle of the shot. I would have had many more pictures in action, but to do that, your kid has to be in on the action. His coach didn't even play him for almost the entire game. He was put in at the end with only seconds left, the other team ahead by a touchdown and they (the opposition) had the ball. He was there for 3 downs where Enterprise's quarterback just kneed the ball 3 times. And on the sidelines his "super great wonderful coach" was yelling, "Number 41, get that ball!" (Jeremy being #41). Fat chance of that happening. Maybe they wouldn't have lost if they put Jeremy in MUCH earlier. But I digress from my lovely birthday.
After we came home and dropped the kids off, Mike took me to Olive Garden. We don't take the kids to Olive Garden because I can't stand to see the bill come after the kids have ordered pizza or spaghetti and they don't like the taste of it because it doesn't taste like moms so it is a big pile of waste on their plates. To spare the bad feelings that this would bring on - we left them home.
After a delicious dinner, Mike and I went to Dairy Queen to get an ice Cream cake to take home to the kids to celebrate my anniversary birthday. There were so many cakes to choose from. I love Oreo, and they had a chocolate lovers, what I really wanted was the Strawberry Cheesecake Cake, but I knew the kids would HATE that and I thought that I had left them out of the celebration enough so I went with one everyone would like. A regular ice cream cake with a picture of .........
Hannah Montana!
This one I knew everyone would love. Tyler thinks that Hannah is really pleasant to look at (he doesn't think Miley Cyrus is cute. I told him that he is missing the whole plot of the show), Jeremy uses many Hannah Montana episodes watched in a row to calm him down after watching a scary movie, Mykie giggles as she watches her show and Brigam loves ice cream cake so I knew that we had a winner.
In fact, Brigam and Jeremy show you just how lovely they think she is "Quick!! Take the picture before those kids make kissy lip marks in it!!!"

By the way, isn't my crown so cute??? As you can see from the background, one of my birthday presents WASN'T that someone did their dishes and cleaned up the kitchen on time. Thank goodness I could crop the rest of that photo out so you don't see what else wasn't done! And from that shot, we can clearly see that my hair and make-up people had already taken off for the evening.

After Tyler got home from his football dinner, he and Jeremy went out shopping (normal for a man child - the delay of the birthday gift purchase). Jeremy came back with a package of Oreos and introduced me to "Milk and Cookies" using an Oreo and real milk. Usually I eat my Oreos with water. No, I don't dip them in it, I just don't like soggy Oreos. I had two and they weren't too bad.

Tyler gave me a bag of my favorite candy bars (I did tell them both I couldn't eat anything that they bought. Don't give me food. Someday they will listen to me) and a card that said "You're almost TOO good to me! on the front. You open it up and it says, "Not that I'm complaining." and plays the song "Your Unbelievable". Yes, that was from my 17 year old son who signed the card "LOVE, TYLER" I'm so lucky. Two musical cards in one celebration!!!

I had a great birthday. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

2 thoughts on this subject:

mo said...

sounds like a great birthday! you look beautiful! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

tharker said...

Oreos and water???? Oh Terilyn, what am I going to do with you?

I am so glad that you had a good birthday. It sounds like your cute family did a great job of making your day a good one.