Mykie's party was a hit. She had a lot of fun eating, playing on the tramp, watching Matilda, opening gifts and did I say eating? She had 7 friends come over and then two spent the night (the red headed Shayla and the dark haired Madison, such great girls!)
Mykie loved her gifts. This was a shot of her face as she saw what Grama and Grampa Anderson sent her (she is saving her money for an Ipod, so she was thrilled with the cash as you can see on her face.)
This is her reading the cute as heck card from Grama and Grampa Nelson. She was so surprised with all the cute things that Grama put into her box. By the way, Grama, Mykie thinks you tape REALLY securely!
The party ended at 7:00. Mike and I had to be at the Football Field at 7:00 so Travis' mom came and stayed with the kids until their parents picked them up so we could get to Tyler's game on time.
We had a great game last night at Pasco. At the very beginning, before the game even started, the school wanted to honor the parents of the Senior Football Players. So Mike and I (along with several other parents) went down to the field to be greeted by our Senior.
Yes, that blur is his arm coming in for the "huggin' o' the mom" along with the giving of a white rose. So sweet, huh? Before you get too excited, just remember the whole thing wasn't his idea, but at least he was willing to do it with a smile on his face!
The line-up.
So fun!
So fun!Tyler's team went against Kennewick. They did a great job coming out with 3 or 4 touchdowns before Kennewick put any points on the board. It was a very hard hitting game. That's when I am glad that Tyler is on the defense. Then he is doing the hitting and not so much getting hit. Anyway, the points that Kennewick got came from a perfectly thrown ball to a Kennewick player that Tyler was covering. Tyler felt terrible, I'm sure. But like I said, the ball was perfectly thrown right over his head and into the offence's hands.
The play that made up for it was Tyler's punt return. It was amazing! Here is a 15 second clip of it:
OK, so Jeremy and I were going to go hunt down that #79 because he was just SO RUDE! I mean, you can tackle him and stop Tyler's forward progression, but let's not get nasty! But Mike wouldn't let me.
So another great night under the Friday Night Lights. We only have a few of them left, then I will have to wait for Jeremy's 9th grade team next year. First there's wrestling, but that's another post people!

8 thoughts on this subject:
Mykie is looking so grown up! She's a Beehive!!! Yay!
I love the cupcake cakes, what a great idea.
The clip of Tyler's run is awesome! He had a good run going. And I agree with you. As a mom, it would be hard to hold back on wanting to tackle number 79 myself!
Mykie can't be so grown up, can she? Wow, how time flies. She is such a pretty young lady!!
I enjoyed watching Tyler play during the Southridge/Pasco game. We kept looking for him during every play. I can't wait until I can watch Jacob play!! You'll have to give me tips on how to control myself in the stands and not be beat down some obnoxious kid!!
Wow! That clip of him running the punt return is awesome! I'm a little sad that football is over for us too. Jackson's team went to the playoffs, but lost their game on Saturday so we are done. It's a bitter sweet. Life can slow down now, but I will miss it... until next year!
Stop those kids from growing! Have you seen your old house lately? It has been painted pink! GAG! Oh, we miss you! I am so proud of your kids!
I can't believe Mykie is twelve. I will always have a soft spot for that girl. Such a beauty too. Happy birthday Mykie!
I love the video... that is awesome! I can't believe you're the parents to a senior... that just seems weird.
Mykie is such a sweet girl and I am so glad she had fun on her birthday. I am glad to have her in Young Womans too!
how come i wasnt invited to her party? wow for tyler! it does seem weird that you have a senior!
ok talk about needing to update!;)
Post a Comment