Friday, February 27, 2009

My Wrestler

Because of an old snowboarding injury that occurred right before wrestling season started this year, Jeremy hasn't been able to wrestle very much. He's only had a total of 3 matches. He's either sat on the sidelines or just come home for the meets. I've been feeling really bad for him, because he's been such a team player. He still goes to every practice - even those early morning Wednesday ones that I have to put a ball cap on to get him to on time. What a trooper.

But with only 2 meets left, Jeremy decided - at great risk to his shoulder's safety - that he would wrestle.

You know that there are 3 periods in each match. They are each 1 1/2 minutes long. That means that at a parent you are looking at having your adrenaline on HIGH for a possible 4 1/2 minutes. When your child does that (drags it out that long) it's just plain RUDE. I mean, my heart can't hardly take it! Jeremy was so thoughtful of me this time, he decided to only utilize about 40 seconds of that 4 1/2 minutes to get the job done. Here's the video:

AND PINNED!!!!!!!

Hey, you don't think that that last little bit of gymnastics wasn't a bit over the top, do you? I call it showboating, but he does do that little back-to-the-feet move with much ease, don't you think?

He's such a great kid and I am so proud of his continuing with his team even when he wasn't able to have the reward of having a match.

1 thoughts on this subject:

~*Autumn*~ said...

That was awesome and I'm glad he spared you the worry of lengthening the match out. :) I would have to say the way he got up was pretty cool actually... not over the top. Just stylish. hahaha