Monday, March 8, 2010

Tyler's Open House Invites

So, Tyler is leaving on his mission in about 9 days. He'll be giving his farewell talk this Sunday and that night we are having an open house in his honor. It's a TIE and Ice Cream party. This kind of party is one where you bring a tie for Tyler's mission and (if you'd like) you can write some encouraging note on the back of it somewhere. G&G Jensen already sent him one since they are out of state at this time. It was so nice and it was green. Tyler was wanting a green tie. It's perfect!
Here are the invitations. Years ago, maybe even over a decade ago, I saw this fold (into a shirt) and knew I wanted it for this purpose. Recently one of my YW girls folded a napkin into this shirt and I was so excited that she knew how to do them. I'd only need to have her fold 50 or so of them. But then one day I saw Mykie trying her hand at the origami and she mastered it. She was my new paper folding queen. It took her a while, but she did get through all 48 of them and they turned out cute! We put a little tie on it along with an "Elder Nelson" badge and sent them off.








We are looking forward to Mike's Parents coming along with Camie and her family, Nate and Matt who is bringing Corbin. I think we are in for some late nights this weekend, but it will be nothing but fun! Fun before mama cries!

0 thoughts on this subject: