Monday, March 8, 2010

What a compliment!

As you know I love my kickboxing class. When I participate in this calorie rear-kicker of a class, I tend to sweat. Not perspire or "glow", but a straight out drippy, wet, where's-a-towel kind of sweat.

My t-shirt sleeves help a little, but I hate it when I have sweat drip down my forehead into my eyeballs. The teachers of the class had a great idea to avoid this problem, but I was never brave enough to follow suit. I mean it looked so great on them, I just didn't think I could pull off the look myself, but Taunya A was brave enough and it looked great on her. It was a common "do-rag", but it looked great on her. It worked well for her. It did it's job as far as keeping most of the sweat out of eyeballs and that was a big selling factor. So I joined in the "do-rag" fun.


After I wore it the first day, I was driving home and who pulled up next to me, but my precious son, Tyler. He waved to me from his car and then gave me a double take. When we pulled into the driveway, he jumped out of my car and said, "What's up with this look?"




I tried to explain my reasoning for wearing the do-rag, but he was not seeing clearly the functionality of it.
But maybe he saw me more like this......

I mean I was just done with kickboxing and you KNOW what that does to me!

He said, "You look like a 30 year old single mother who is unemployed and just smoked her last cigarette."

How sweet! Can you believe that he could be so kind? I properly thanked him by saying, "You think I look 30? You are so sweet!"
I just wish everyone had a son as precious as Tyler!

1 thoughts on this subject:

Taunya said...

Ohhhh... Terilyn! You crack me up as only you can! I've missed seeing you in the doo-rag! I'm always sportin mine you know... shall I expect to see you lookin 30 years old in kick on Tuesday??