As many of you know, we are leaving town for Christmas. I decided that our annual family Christmas dinner would be held on Sunday so that we could have some of our family traditions in tact this Christmas season. Christmas dinner is really a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner, but with Christmas napkin rings added. It's great, there is something for everyone and no problems getting anyone around the table. Dessert is a different story. Pumpkin pie is on the menu. Most everyone enjoys it except for Tyler who HATES it and Jeremy that has a goal to try it every time it is baked, but always ends up with just whipped cream on his plate. The person who loves it the most and I mean LOVES it would be Brigam.
I baked pies on Saturday and listened to Brigam talk about having a slice all day. I kept telling him it was for the next day and Christmas dinner. When we were setting the table for the feast, of course Brigam (trying to be nothing but helpful) got out the pie. I had to tell him that was for dessert. It think he felt jipped.
Then, finally, it was pie eating time. We ate at about 1pm and by 8 pm Brigam had had at least 4 pieces. He was laying on my bed with me talking about (what else) having another slice when I said (so maturely I might add), "If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?" To that Brigam stands up on my bed, raises his fists in the air and yells, "I have a wedding to plan." With that he jumps off the bed and runs out the door. What a nut!
The next day after school, I asked him how the wedding went. Without skipping a beat, he said, "Oh, I didn't have a wedding. I just ate the bride and her whole family that came for it."
He is a funny little guy with true love for Pumpkin Pie.
Then we were at the mall (see "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" story) when Brigam sees the mall security guard and asks my why the police is at the mall. I told him that they were looking for him. A long lost cousin of Pumpkin's that was invited to the wedding, had reported Pumpkin and her whole family missing. Brigam tried to tell me that he ate her WHOLE family, but I said that the cousin was very late to the wedding and noticed that no one was there, but pie crust crumbs on the floor. The Police took the missing persons report and now want to question Brigam about the disappearance. He smiled and I thought that was that.
But last night we were at Target and they have store security too. Brigam saw the guy, turned to me with a smile and said, "Mom, he's looking for me too." My 6 year old is on the lamb! Watch out if YOU smell the slightest bit like pumpkin!

1 thoughts on this subject:
As I was reading this story, it was like watching the Terilyn and Brigam show in my head! I could see it all.
I love that you are so playful with your kids. They definitely all come by their fantastic sense of humor honestly!
Post a Comment