Friday, December 7, 2007

How do you spell relief?

Well, I finally have a few minutes to update my blog. Over the past few days I have enjoyed reading some of yours, but haven't had an extra minute to type anything of my own creation. Thanks for urging me on with your writings.
I am finally not as sick as I was. I really had a tough time of it for about 10 days. Two Wednesdays ago I was really down and out. I felt quite yucky on Thursday and to describe my condition - I now know what a stuffed animal feels like all the time. It made me want to grab a knife, head in to Mykie's room and do some seam ripping to aliviate what has to be a very uncomfortable life in her collection of stuffed animals. But I was way too sick to even have the energy to roll out of bed to retrieve a knife. I probably would have been so disoriented having blood rush to my already stuffed head, I wouldn't have known which direction Mykie's room would have been. It probably wouldn't have been a good day for any of us, so I just stayed in my room and tried to breathe through my occational one clear nostril. Sad stuff. My fellow employees and boss lady, Vicky were so nice telling me to stay home and that they didn't want my kind around there. By my craft show on Fri and Sat I was feeling much better, but very weak. On Tuesday this week, Vicky sent me home from work because I couldn't really help anyone workout if I was leaning on the machines my whole shift. I really feel much, much better now.
Poor Brigam and Mykie got sick Wednesday and Thursday. When Brigam woke up on Wednesday and I asked him how he felt, he told me he felt like Jello. I could totally understand the use of a noun as an adjective in that situation. Leave it to Briggy to give me a laugh about almost anything and any situation.
The vinyl machine is almost put to sleep for the year. Monday the 10th will be the last day I take orders for Christmas. I am sure that so many people don't understand how long it takes to "pick" vinyl after it is cut. It is time consuming and bends my back. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it (can't you tell I LOVE words?), but a bunch at once makes me only have one focus - VINYL. That's ok if you aren't the mother of 4, wife of 1 (sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I had my very own wife, hummmmm), worker of TCCC and maid of the palace, etc. But I am and it is Christmas so I am looking forward to it all.
Well I am off to deliver the remaining orders of vinyl. Enjoy your day!

3 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

I'm glad that you are finally feeling better. And I love that Briggy is not feeling like Jello any longer!

Happy vinyl delivering ;)

Ms. Kristen said...

I am now in the 9th ward! I am tired of being flopped around! But...like Tiffany says...change is good. It is such a young ward. I am one of the older ones. I am anxious to see how this ward is going to flow. We miss you! You could be in the old club!

Glad you are feeling better! Can I get sick so I can lay down! Why don't you send your kids over and get me infected!! I need more than two weeks off.

Take care of yourself!

Lee said...

I am glad you are better! It is no fun being sick.
Hope that all the vinyl is delivered and you are getting a chance to enjoy the holidays.