Sunday, December 23, 2007

Look's Like We Made It!

And other 80's tunes or 70's. We've definitely heard a lot of them over the last two days thanks to Sirius radio. We also had some Christmas tunes in there just because "it's the season".
The trip to Utah was only about 10 hours which wasn't nearly as bad as the next day at about 14 hours. We didn't travel that much further mile wise from Utah to Arizona than from Washington to Utah, but we had to go through every little town at about 40-50 miles an hour. Towns like "Many Farms" "Globe" and other ones that definitely were a dot on Map Quest's maps, but flying through, I still don't know what merited a dot for them.
Our night in Utah was spent with my brother and his wonderful family in their new basement. It is AWESOME and was so comfy. The program show we watched was gross, but really realistic in HD (Man VS Wild and the episode was "Bear Eats". It should have been extended to say "bear eats really gross stuff"!)
We are now at Dawn and Bill's great new house in Thatcher, AZ. They are SOOOOOOO nice to accommodate us all. Last night, I asked Dawn how many were in her house and (after doing the math) came up with a total of 26. That doesn't include Grama or Grampa or Susie (she's on bed rest until the baby comes in March). She's so great and so is Bill.
I think we heard one song that basically said the trip there stinks, but it's all worth it when you get the greeting at the front door. That really was so true. Hugs abounded like they were just waiting for us to show up (getting there about 10 pm, they were probably just waiting for us), but as soon as Mike and Tyler walked in, they were dragged into the world of competitive ping pong ball (as a veteran of the Nelson family, I know that is only the beginning of the competitive stuff for the week).
Our weather was great which was very different than it was for those traveling on Friday to AZ. That was such a relief because we were also pulling a trailer (6 people in a Pathfinder for 10 + days - please!). Although the weather was good, Mike kindly did ALL the driving (I'm sure Santa will reward him handsomely).
Hopefully, you all have a terrific day today and if you are traveling for the season - juse be thankful that it's not a 24 hour drive with 4 kids in the car! I love the person that invented portable DVD players and earphones. LOVE THEM!

4 thoughts on this subject:

Taunya said...

So glad you guys made it! Have a very fun time with your family and travel home safe! Merry Christmas!

tharker said...

I'm glad the trip wasn't too bad Terilyn. Yeah, a very Merry Christmas to the inventor of the portable DVD player!! Oh yeah, and you too ;)

Luv ya!

Ms. Kristen said...

Glad you made it! I wish I was in Az. Love it there! Hey, I found a Christmas box in the 3rd ward primary closet...it had notes from the kids and their committment on what to give Jesus! Anyway...got it before I had to move to 9th ward closet. I gave the ones to the kids in 9th ward and will mail the others! Your kids included! I just need to call you and get your new address! Merry Christmas...and drive back carefully!

LUCHO LUNA said...

Very nice your homepage and his writings. A hug from Argentina.

Happy Christmas!