Mykie and I had our annual trip to the Nutcracker on December 8th. It amazes me that she is so enthralled with the performace year after year. I remember the first year that I took her. She was 5 years old and it was our first Christmas in the tri-cities. I really wanted to go to the Nutcracker, but Mike wouldn't go with me. He'd already gone in Utah and told me that seeing a man wearing tights jumping up and down on the stage once was quite enough for him. See what happens when you try to get Mike involved in a little culture? I wonder if he'd only see the performance once if it was football players in tights on the stage? Aren't they already in some pretty funny looking pants or should we call them capris on the field? I guess it's all in the perception.
Anyway, Mykie and I always go out to lunch or dinner first and then we are off to lose ourselves in the beautiful dancing on stage and the music filling our minds. Then we get to listen to the CD afterwards and get lost in our own imagination. It is truly wonderful! I love the Nutcracker with my girl!

1 thoughts on this subject:
I am so annoyed! I just left this fabulous comment, and it was deleted!
Here we go again....
I love our tradition of going to The Nutcracker too. Hannah and I have been going with Wileen since Hannah was 3. A few years ago, Josh wanted to be included in the fun too, so we started taking him. However, I believe this was his last year! He was SO bored.
It was funny to look at the polar opposite facial expressions of my two children throughout the performance!
Post a Comment