OK, this will make my dad and mom proud. We've decided to utilize the garden plot a bit. OK, it was ME who has decided this. I've also decided the the kids will be gardening as well and told them they could each choose something to cultivate in the garden too.
I choose PEAS. I understand that I need to get them in the ground like NOW! I also want to do a couple of tomato plants. Love TOMATOES from the garden.
Jeremy choose CORN. That will be fun. I am going to love to see him put seven on the silk of the corn so that bugs won't get in the corn. He has something with getting his hands dirty. Won't gardening with children be super fun?
Brigam wants to grow PUMPKINS. That is always fun and successful. Good for him! I hope he expects to share.
Mykie wants to grow POTATOES. I had no idea how to do this. Luckily we have an experienced potato farmer in the ward that is happy to speak potato with any and all that are interested. I pointed him out to Mykie and she'll take it from there.
She'll get all the details, but when I spoke to him he told me that you just cut the potato into thirds and bury it. Humm, sounds interesting. When I tried to explain it to Mykie she told me just to go to the store and get potato seeds. I told her there wasn't any. She asked me if I was looking for them like a man or like a woman. I told her that NO there really isn't any potato seeds. She said, "That's OK, because if we don't grow potatoes, I'd always be happy to grow NOODLES."
OK - noodles. Does my daughter really think that noodles come from the ground? Some curly and some straight? Some elbow shaped and what about those spiral colored ones? Are they fed colored irrigation water?
IS MY DAUGHTER BLONDE?

As I turned around to face her after this conversation, I could see that familiar twinkle in her eye as she collapsed into a fit of giggles. My daughter isn't blonde - SHE'S FUNNY! Growing noodles. Good one, Mykie!
Anyhow, wish us luck in the dirt! Now where did I put my overalls?

6 thoughts on this subject:
If your noodles turn out, let me know and I am on it next year. We have the potatoes in the ground and the sprouts coming up. It is so exciting this year to get the garden ready. Good for you Terilyn and happy gardening with those spiffy coveralls.
We are planting a garden this year too. And I've kind of been stressing out about getting the peas in on time too! I just love peas fresh from the pod, so I'll be bummed if we don't have any this year.
Noodles. What a funny girl. Mykie DEFINITELY has your sense of humor!!
Love it! I know where she gets her sense of humor from!
Good luck on the garden!
I loved how she asked if you were looking for the potato seeds like a man or a woman. Too funny. Good luck with the garden!
The garden will be fun and it will be a little work. Do it as a family and it will go easier and faster. Glad you are doing it and delighted you are going to Conference. Safe trip!!
Good luck with your garden! I've let mine each choose something to grow, with mixed success. You have a darling family!
Post a Comment