Saturday, May 17, 2008

My, What A Lovely Patio!

My dad and mom have a place for a hot tub in the backyard. It's a little cement patio. Problem is they don't have a hot tub, we don't have a hot tub so it was actually storage for "yard stuff". Last year we worked a bit on the area to make it more usable. But stopped short of the goal. It was turned back into the "yard stuff storage area."

This week I told the kids that if they would clean off the patio that I would go buy a fire bowl for the patio area and we could make smores until our marshmellows burned up (I was going for a phrase like "til the cows come home" but that didn't seem to make any sense there. I had to go with the marshmellow thingy.)

Mykie and Jeremy jumped at the chance, but it wasn't 10 minutes into it that Jeremy decided that it was hopeless. I told him that was fine. Just don't do it. We didn't need a fire bowl anyway. I told him to go back outside and put the tools and stuff away with Mykie. But Mykie is a go getter and wouldn't let him give up so easily. It was back breaking and sweat inducing, but they did it. Here is a photo of the hard workers and their area.


They are complete with their marshmellows and chocolate squares. Get done with the photo op and get the fire going, MOM!

1 thoughts on this subject:

Jan said...

That looks like that will be a blast to have around. They did a great job. I love that outdoor set and that side table is so charming. Glad it all worked out and enjoy that little spot of heaven.