A year ago today, Jeremy turned into a real teenager. His 13th year of life wasn't so bad for all of us to live through, so we decided to give him back his birthday this year and allowed him to continue in his teenagerhood and become a whopping 14.
We had a few of his friends over on Friday for a really lame movie served with pizza and plenty of junk food.
Sunday, today, is his true day of birth. We celebrated with his favorite cake which is the candy bar cake. Since he was the big celebrity of the day, he was served his piece of cake on the BIG plate and with the BIG fork. He's so lucky! (and cute, don't you think?)
This is a picture of the beautiful cake. For a mom that decorates cakes, it breaks my heart to make one that stays in the pan and has the "frosting" only be one color. I think I was subconsciously against this cake as I "forgot" to even buy candles to put on. But being the daughter of a boy scout like I am, I improvised with matches. We had to sing happy birthday WHILE I was lighting the matches (they burn FAST), so we sang fast.
Poor sorry looking little burnt matches/candles. He was still able to blow them out.
I love my Jeremy. He is a fantastically grateful and gentlemanly young man. He was so grateful for his gifts, having his friends over, birthday lunch, birthday cake and everything. He still opens the door for me and kisses me goodbye - even at school in the parking lot. He's such a cool 14 year old!

3 thoughts on this subject:
Happy birthday Jeremy! What a cool, good lookin guy.
I can't believe he's 14!! I hope he had a great birthday!
P.S.
I can't see your pictures from the favorite ornaments post.
Kids get old so fast. How do your raise such respectful boys...love, love, love the matches idea! You really are a great mom and no wonder your family is so great!
Post a Comment