Monday, January 26, 2009

Super Sunday!

Today Mykie was set-apart to be the second counselor in her Beehive class. This is her first leadership role. I love that about being LDS. The kids are given ample opportunity to grow and learn how to become good leaders early on. It is an amazing transformation to watch.

Jeremy gave a talk yesterday in church on Friends. He did a great job. He was poised and confident. He even shared a personal story about his friend, Dylan Hatch and himself. His point was that good friends can help us by making good choices easy to make. He told of the time that he and Dylan were on the bus riding to McLoughlin and how the cussing was so bad. But since they (Dylan and Jeremy) knew all the definitions to the cuss words, they'd replace the cuss words with the definitions and laugh because the cussors sounded so inarticulate. He said they sounded ridiculous because they couldn't communicate. It was great and I was giggling wondering if defining cuss words is the same as saying them. Like I said, he did a great job and several people told him (and Mike and I) so. I am glad they did because that encourages them and takes the fear out of giving a talk. At least a little of it!



After church, Jeremy was ordained by Mike along with Tyler in the circle to become a Teacher. The Bishop said as long as both Priesthoods present are recognized in the ordnance, Tyler could be there. That was so incredibly spiritual for me. I am so grateful that Jeremy is worthy and wants to advance on in the Priesthood and that Tyler is worthy and willing to utilize his Priesthood. Brigam wants Tyler to baptize him this year. It will be neat to see brothers support each other again in their duties and rights.

I love being a Latter-Day Saint because I KNOW that God loves me and knows me individually as Terilyn and wants me back with Him. I love our elder brother, Jesus Christ and know that He KNOWS me as an individual person among many on this earth. What he did in Gesemane was for me and for ALL MAN KIND if we just take advantage of it. Sometimes in our human minds, we cannot comprehend how one act can be for so many. I don't have to know all the answers now. We don't know all the mysteries of God. The thing that we do know without a doubt is that He is a Loving Father and He is aware of all. That alone inspires me and gives me hope that I can be successful as long as I know that I am on God's side. The peace I feel from this knowledge is priceless.

3 thoughts on this subject:

Roxy said...

Funny, I gave a talk on the 25th about hope. It IS nice to have opportunities to grow ourselves if we would just say yes and do. Thanks for your expressions of love for the gospel. One would see it each day in how your family is, and I love that about you.

Pam said...

You do have great kids and you are wonderful too. I loved hearing Jeremy talk he is awesome and we are soo glad Mikeys in our Y/W! Your kids are great examples to others. Keep it up!

Taunya said...

Thanks for the reminder, Terilyn. We are extremely blessed.