A couple of weeks ago, Mike took Brigam snowboarding up to White Pass. It was just he and Brigam. Brigam has been once before, but it was a long time ago and he just wasn't ready, according to Mike. It wasn't the best time for Brigam then either.
But this time was different. Not at first. After the first run, Brigam said he was done and wanted to go home. Mike said that would be fine, he would take him home, but if they did go he wasn't going to bring him back for a year or two. That made Brigam think a bit and become a bit more determined. Mike spent quite a while with him instructing him and the results were a happy, smiling snowboarder in the making named, Brigam.
Look at that view! Mike said it was a beautiful day up there.

Here's my happy boys.

He looks thrilled, but check out the death grip he has on the chair lift!

Soon he's going to learn to use both edges of his board.

He came home saying, "This was the best day of my life!" But don't be worried about that. He's had many, many "best days of my life" moments.For the past two Thursday nights, he's had all his boarding stuff ready to go for Friday morning in the off chance we get some snow and Mike wants to travel 2 or 3 hours to play on it. Poor guy. Hey, could you please let some big flakes fly up there?
PS I just noticed that these dates on the camera said from 2001. Um, that is really wrong - at this time in 2001 Brigam hadn't even been born yet. I shall have to fix that camera so in a few years we won't be confused as to which child this was!!!

4 thoughts on this subject:
So fun!!! I am jealous of the mountains and the snow. I miss the NW!
We have been hit with some mega snow this week. I would love to share.
I glad Brigham had a good time, I know how frustrating a bad snow day can be.
WG has been skiing several times and is almost competent in Billy's words. Taz is insisting on learning and refuses the skis, it is board all the way. Billy does both so it works. I hope it goes well.
So fun! Yeah, I never understood how parents could confuse baby pictures of their own children, but now I get it! They all start to look the same!
I wish Mike were here to teach my kids, they love their one skiing lesson I indulge them in, but they haven't had too much exposure to snow and ski/snowboarding. I just don't do it, and neither does Brad...so who does that leave but ski instructors that swear, and get impatient with their students. (every year, yes).
Post a Comment