So, my great big baby graduated on Saturday, June 6th from Pasco High School. I mentioned the upcoming celebration on Facebook and I was told to bring plenty of tissue. "Tissue?" I thought. This is Tyler - not Jeremy or Mykalyn. This is the boy that didn't want to even send out announcements because he saw no need for it. This is the boy that DIDN'T pick up the announcements, cap or gown on any day that Jostens was at the school to deliver them. This is the boy that had to have Jostens HAND DELIVER these items to his mommy at home 10 days before the graduation. This is the boy whose mother slaved over those announcements by addressing them, printing cards and pictures to go inside and told the boy to take them to the post office NOW and he said, "You mean right now?" He wouldn't have even bothered to walk if I wasn't forcing him to do so. He just doesn't really enjoy any fanfare.
And with our media/game room Barn, he didn't even want to have a graduation party. He even said, "If I have a party, who will go to everyone else's parties?" Nobody drove up here to see the graduation, no one called on the big day. It was not a big deal for him.
So why would I need tissue? But I got a little pack and set it right next to the camera for us to take with us to the graduation.
As we were at Edger Brown Stadium, in the far left corner the graduates walk down this hill with a really steep grade (sorry all you girls that wore those cute as heck heels!). I saw them from a distance (because we were late and didn't get to sit in the stadium seats. We got to sit on the grass. Good thing I decided NOT to wear a dress.) Here's the pic
THIS is where I started crying. What's up with that? I couldn't tell you. I couldn't even see him at this point, but there I was crying. But with my dad being a B.S.A. professional all his life and training me properly, I was prepared. I wore waterproof mascara. I brought tissue. I just needed to find it in this darn cute purse on the outside that has NO pockets on the inside. Where is that? I can't see! It's blurry! WHAT? They aren't here? Where are the tissues? (Frantic now) Where are they???? Calm down, where did you last see them. Oh yeah, at home on the counter, NOT in my hand that put them in my purse. So I had to stop crying because I had nothing to wipe my tears away and I was wearing a white shirt and we all know that waterproof mascara is not tear and smudge proof.
Mykie decided that she was emotional too so I wouldn't feel bad. No, really she just had dust in her eye, but I thought it would make me feel better.
Tyler is about dead center in this photo. He is sitting to the right of Skyler who has that head full of big black hair. He looks so attentive. Dirk is on the row right in front of Tyler and to the right of him. Lucky for us, Dirk's family found us and sat right behind us on the grass at the graduation. That was nice to share that together.
They did it!!!! Tyler was looking for the cap that he tossed about 17 rows in front of him. He did actually get his very own cap back. I know because like a good mommy I put his full name in the inside.
At the top of my post, you can see that this is my boy who graciously let me have a photo op of him in this purple graduation gown. He's so handsome. He thinks he looks so young. I think he looks great. I would have put the picture of AFTER graduation with Tyler, Mike and I, but because of the rain (yes, it rained during the ceremony. We were very wet with no umbrella. Um, HELLO it is June!! Why the rain?) I really am vain and don't want to share my rain ruined look with you.
All kidding aside, it was an emotional time. Tyler is getting readyto spread his wings. I just hope that as parents, we didn't clip them too much. I want him to fly and see new things and enjoy this life that he has. He is a really great kid. Better than any teenage boy I EVER knew. He's not perfect, but the gifts that he has are priceless and I am so glad that he's mine. I love him 4ever!!!

1 thoughts on this subject:
Oh my heck! I about started bawling with you on this post! You sure are one proud mama and I am glad you captured these moments on the camera and in your blog to have printed someday. :)
Post a Comment