You know, Jan brought up some good questions about my love of "Group Kick" at the Court Club. I thought I would answer them here and THAT would surely encourage you ALL to join me for a class:
The class times are
Tuesday 9:15 AM and 4:30 PM
Thursday 4:30 PM
Saturday 10:30 AM
What I find so appealing about this class is:
1. The workout time FLIES by!! The music they have in there really gets me "in the groove" and I am surprised when I look down at my watch and already 20 minutes have gone by!
2. The calorie burn is very SIGNIFICANT. Can I just brag about the 550 burned up little calories that I got rid of last Tuesday in the hour?
3. During class I am SO bettering my cardiovascular system. I know that my heart rate is way up there, but I am so busy thinking of the routine (IE what hand punches next, is the next kick a round house or a front kick, etc.) that I completely forget that I am working so hard. You get a little break between songs (usually) and that's when I look down at my watch (which also serves as my heart rate monitor/calorie burned counter) and my heart rate is in the 160's. I don't feel like I am going to die, I am just surprised that it's there. Now if I tried to get that on a treadmill, bike or elliptical machine, I swear my brain would talk me down from that number in about 3 minutes or less.
4. The workout is fast and it doesn't give me much time to think about whether I look stupid doing it or not. In my mind, I have really channelled Jackie Chan and I am about to put somebody's lights OUT! I look like I am "Kung Fu Fighting." Well, at least in my mind I do. I'm not facing the mirror watching myself so who am I to say that I do not fight just like Jackie Chan?
5. The instructors are great! Of course, some are better than others, but they all know what they are doing and I love them. They shout out encouragement to us all the time. They do a great job and are happy to see you every time you come (even if you're new - hint, hint).
Those are some of the reasons I love this class. I have always felt that I am more of a group workout type of person, but never found a class that went by so quickly. I like quick. This has been my escape for a few weeks now. I look forward to it everytime they teach it (in fact, I go twice on Tuesdays.) I know that you are thinking, "But I am so tired in the afternoons. I could never do a 4:30 class." Wrong, just getting yourself to the club is the hardest part of your workout. When you feel the energy in the club and in the class, it's easy to look forward to your Group Kick class. Come on now - come with me!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
GROUP KICK - questions answered
If you noticed, I linked you to the TCCC's web site. On there you can get 14 days (at the club to do IT ALL) for $14.00. Not too shabby and that will give you 2 weeks to try out the class. I know that you'd love it! Let me know when I can join you in
KICKIN' SOME!
Articulated by Terilyn at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 thoughts on this subject:
Post a Comment