Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What my fridge says about us.....

Amy asked this question and as I pondered it, I had to agree that my fridge is like my purse, I'd be lost without it. Of course, it serves it's main purpose of chillin' the food just the way I like it, but the outside of it commands attention lest we be late or (worse) miss something completely! How mortifying! Sometimes I utilize the outside of my fridge to decide what can be skipped for that day. As you can see our family is kept straight with this nifty desk (or should I say fridge) calendar. Mykie goes a step further and color codes the thing for herself. As you can see, this month she is a busy girl. I love knowing what is going on, but sometimes I get tired just looking at what is coming up.
Then there is the gazillion magnets all over it that catch just about anything anyone wants to put there. If the said "anything" is too thick to be held with one magnet, never fear, just plaster it with 5 or more and it will stay until the end of time.
(I still have my side by side, but it is located around the corner. Yes, in this small for us house, we appearently have room enough for TWO fridges)
On there we have paintings of Brigam's. He usually does flowers for me (because Mike will not take him to the store and buy flowers for him to give to me. Brigam has no problem buying "dead flowers" for his mom, unlike his dad.)
There are schedules just in case I wrote it wrong the first time on the calendar; we can double check if there is a question. There is a birthday poem from Mykie to her dad, last week of school information ( I guess I can take that down) and on the sides there is MORE, MORE, MORE!!!
On the top is a plant that screams for the contents of the watering can (on the left) and good ol' sunscreen in the middle (as Martha would say, "It's a good thing" since Mike just had a bit of skin cancer removed this week from his chest. I think he likes chest scars on his body!) It's important when you have "red haired/fair skinned bodies in the gene pool like we do.
Yes, if the kitchen is the heart of the home, the fridge must be a ventricle of the heart (did that sound doctor-ish or what?)
By the way, can anyone tell me why I cannot put an extra space between my paragraphs even when I put many between them in the creating of a post. It is driving me crazy. Please help the crazy lady!

4 thoughts on this subject:

Jan said...

I am loving the fridge idea. I think it is really a cute idea that Amy proposed. And yours is just the perfect example of a loving family that is on the go. Its perfect. I have never thought about the fronts of our fridges before.

I always put little stars to separate the paragraphs if it isn't doing it naturally. Sometimes I get really frustrated with that too. But if you ever see a little star between my sentences or paragraphs, you know why. And by the way, I am Crazy Lady. Sorry Terri. My mind is mush. You still seem to have it together.

Shayla said...

I thought when we bought our stainless steel fridge that it would be so nice to have a clean fridge door since magnets won't stick to it...nope, we just use the side now and the front is covered in fingerprints! :-) Oh well.

About the space in your paragraphs... There are two tabs on the right, top side of the box you type your post in. One says "Compose" and one says "Edit HTML"...if you're typing in the box that says "Edit HTML" you have to use HTML code to add spaces. Make sure you type your posts under the tab labeled "Compose". When you type there, your spaces should show up. I hope that helps!

tharker said...

Love the fridge idea too. Your fridge is just like you...fun!!!

Sometimes if I am posting pictures, Blogger decides that it doesn't want me to have spaces in the post. But other times, it lets me. Darn Blogger...can never seem to make up it's mind!

AOlson said...

LOVE YOUR FRIDGE TERILYNN!! Thanks for playing my little game!! I agree that the fridge is the main artery in any house!