Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pass on the Clown Make-up, Please!


OK, does anyone remember looking like this a decade or so ago?

I remember the first time I took to wearing make-up (without my mom's permission, caked on in 2 seconds in the middle school girl's bathroom.) I thought blue eye-shadow was "all that and a bag of make-up". I looked GOOD! At least I had the self confidence about the BOLD blue and racing stripe cheeks then. A few years later I laugh (I think we all looked the same back then so we're ALL laughing, right?)

Now my baby girl is turning 12 (in October - I am trying to get a jump on this thing) and I have told her that she can't wear make-up until she turned twelve. With that CEMENTED date in her future, she's content to not try make-up before then. I told her we would have a make-up/hair doo party. Here's the deal - I really don't know how to teach/apply make-up to 12 year old girls!

Does anybody know anyone that could help me with this? Would a Mary-Kay person do this? Would they come to my house and teach and demonstrate on the girls? How much would this cost? I'd love for the girls to have a take home bag of some cosmetics/hair stuff. Anyone know anyone? I need names and contact numbers. HELP ME PLEEEEEESE!

I know this isn't until October, but I am trying to avoid someone looking like this:






5 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

That sounds like such a fun idea. Mykalyn will love it! I don't know any Mary Kay chicks though...sorry ;(

Taunya said...

My sister-in-law sells Mary Kay. She loves makeup and I'm sure she would enjoy helping Mykalyn. Let me know if you want her phone number...

Ms. Kristen said...

You are back! I missed you! How are things....besides kids growing up! Did you hear about Sara Nelson?

Jan said...

Whats wrong with that picture? It brings back fond memories. My sister is a Mary Kay person. Although she does live in Othello. But I have a gal in my ward that is one. Call me. I know they do facials for free, so maybe she could hook you up with some sweet tips.

Ashley said...

Terilyn! You are too cute! What a good mom you are, too! I remember my mom did the same thing for me when I turned 12. She took me to one of the cosmetic counters at the mall and let the lady do my make-up. I loved it! :)