Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 21st Anniversary!

So Mike did something for our anniversary that he has never done before - he surprised me. A few week prior to our June 10th day, Pam called me and told me that Ashley had a doctor's appointment in Seattle. She wanted me to go with her and Ashley. It was supposed to be a girls night out. I was really looking forward to it. A week after that she told me that I needed to bring my swimming suit. That put up a small red flag because I knew from our last visit to Seattle we found out that there was only one hotel in Seattle that had a pool and it was an expensive hotel. I didn't think that we would be staying there! I did ask Pam and Mike about it and they both just thought I was crazy. So I went on believing that Pam and I were headed out Friday morning for our fun girls night!
Friday morning I woke up and found Mike there in bed with me. I was expecting that he would be at work by the time I woke up. I said, "What are you doing here?" He told me that he got me, He had planned with Pam to fool me into thinking that we were headed into Seattle. Instead, he planned to take me to Leavenworth for the night. What a nice surprise!
We left on our way to Leavenworth. It was nice to have one on one time with Mike. It has been a long time since it was just me and him.
So we drove to Wenatchee where our hotel was. We dropped off our stuff and drove on to Leavenworth. This was the first time either one of us had been to Leavenworth. It was somewhere I thought would be a great place to take Mike's Mom since they spent so much time in Germany. Leavenworth is reminiscent of Germany with all the buildings and murals and stuff. Anyway, we showed up in Leavenworth and the first place that we went into was the bakery and we ate THIS!!!


Doesn't that look YUMMY??? It was!



Here's is picture of one of the buildings. They were all like that.
And then they had all these little painted murals all over the place. This one was really cool because the town was saved by a ski jump in the 50's.


I loved these little signs for the bathroom, I just had to include these "his and hers" signs.








So while we were there we decided to do a little hiking. The day was beautiful and not too hot. We hiked where the town's old ski jump was located. We wanted to do a little geo caching up the hill. Mike took us up this "trail". I told him this is a trail for water melting from snow pack. Hello!! This is not a trail!!!


By this point, we were only half way up. CRAZY!!! I found this switch on the way up, but it didn't work.



When we got up there, we did have a beautiful view of the valley. I want to say that it's worth it, I guess I can now because my legs have stopped hurting.



When we got up there, this is a closer view point of the jump. I will tell you that it was crazy high.



Here's my safety man climbing to the top of that rickety old thing!


We had a great time there. After that we went back to Wenatchee and ate some lunch and took a bike ride. It was beautiful out there along the river.
It was such a nice surprise for Mike to do. He knows I like surprises.

Just a little reminder to us all.....
Be your own kind of beautiful!

0 thoughts on this subject: