Monday, July 26, 2010

Multnomah Falls


So for Mike's Birthday we decided to go hike Multnomah Falls in Oregon. We has a great picnic lunch in the car after we drove about two hours to get there. We took Chloe with us thinking that she would love the hike. Well, she did love the hike, but she was trying to be "big dog on the mountain" and barked at every other dog.

The views were beautiful. It was a lot of work. The climb was a little strenous, but with Chloe on the end of the leash, I was able to be pulled up the mountain. I heard a lot of comments on our way up from people coming down saying "That dog's never going to make it." They don't know her too well, do they? She pulled me up and more. She wanted to go faster than she could pull me. By the time we got down, she was one filthy doggie. I decided that she was dirty enough that she needed to take a dip in the stream we passed on our way up. Silly me.

As Mike was looking for a safe way for me to get the stream, I decided to just go for it, which was silly because "safety first" is a good idea. I fell in the stream myself. I am sure that I entertained a lot of on lookers with my atheticism and a fit of giggles. Chloe just thought I was crazy and was in no way doing what I did, but since I was in there, I took her with me.

On our way home, we stoped by the fish hatchery. It was crazy to see how big some of the stergeons were. There was one that was like 70 years old and like 11 feet long or something like that.

Mykie and I enjoyed taking pictures of everything including some pretty flowers.


On our way home, Mike decided to take the "scenic route". We saw a lot of those windmill thingys. Those things were HUGE. Jeremy loved to be like a dog and stick his head out the window. He was really crazy, but that's just Jeremy. I don't know if he was trying to make his side of the car fly or not, but I did get a great shot in the mirror!

0 thoughts on this subject: