Monday, July 26, 2010

Utah Trip

At the end of June we headed to Utah for a wedding and some R&R. My niece, Shaylei was getting married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was really beautiful. We got down there late, late, late Wednesday night. We left so late on Wednesday, about 10:30 am. Then we went down memory lane in Mt. Home, Idaho. Mike showed us where his work ethic began out on the farm. Then we drove to the sand dunes. This is where Mike thought we'd all want to get out and climb the sand dunes. Um, no, remember we are going to Utah today? We rolled into Camie's house about 11 pm to the waiting arms of Mykalyn who had gone down like 3 weeks earlier to help Camie and Richard with their other children while they were taking care of Xander who was born 6 weeks early.
The next day we went to the Salt Lake Temple for a beautiful sealing. It was an awesome time in there with my brother and sister (in-law).


Shaylei and Steven on their wedding day. Beautiful people!


Beautiful Shaylei and Handsome Steven. The sealing was so special and the reception was absolutely beautiful. I would expect nothing less when my sister in law is in charge!
The next day we went to Lagoon. I don't have one picture to show you. But I will tell you that being an older 28 year old, I was having a tough time hanging on those stomach hurling rides. The water park was really fun as was Pioneer Village. I love Lagoon and it's 1 million times better than Silverwood ANYTIME!!!
The next day we went to Mt. Timpanogas. I was worried because the kids had the opportunity to go to Lagoon the next day for like $10, but they said they'd like to go to Mt. Timpanogas. I was hoping they'd like it and it would be worth it. They had never seen anything like that before, so it was worth it!
My man could pretty much hold up the mountain and everything and everyone on it.

The boys on our hike. We had a lot of fun except when I thought people were getting too close to the edge.


No, it's not what you think. Mykie is actually trying to save his life, not end it off the edge.

OK, this is exactly what you think. Brigam is going to see how loud that slap from his hand will echo.

Cute girls and one geeky little boy. Our way up Mt. Timpanogas.

The Heart of Timpanogas. The camera can never mimic the colors our eyes can see in the cave.

What a beautiful view. Sometimes I miss Utah SOOOOOO much! It was a great hike!
Sunday morning we headed home way early and were home with plenty of time to clean up and relax. I am still confused as to why we leave so late to get there, but return to home so early!
We may never know, but we had us some fun!

0 thoughts on this subject: