Monday, July 26, 2010

Ouch!

So I have been laid up on our couch since last Friday morning. Mykalyn and I went to the gym and did a weights workout on the new Club Max equipment. Then we met Bill Hollenbeck for a little tennis lesson at 10. After about 45 min I was reaching for a ball that bill was sending my way, but my new tenny runners that had about 2 cm more sole on them than my old, beat up tenny runners stuck to the court because I didn't pull my foot up quick enough. As I reached for the ball, my foot stuck and I heard my ankle pop. I thought I could walk it off, but I was wrong. One step and I had to go down. It really hurt. I was trying hard not to cry because I don't think it would have helped and it defiantly would have made Bill feel un-comfy. Mykie was running to get me some ice.
When she came back, I iced it for a few minutes and then decided to head out to the car before I couldn't drive. I came home and was helped into the house by my hard working husband and here I've sat for days.
On Fri and Sat I really only sat on the couch icing it on and off for hours. I will tell you right now that there is nothing on TV.
By Sunday my ankle was doing a bit better and Pam had brought me some crutches on Saturday so at least I could get to the bathroom without crawling or hopping to it. I wasn't going to go to church on Sunday because it was hard just to put my foot down with the blood all rushing to it and causing me some great pain in my CANKLE because it looked like my calf went right down into my foot with no ankle, but Jeremy and Mykie were both speaking on Sunday and I couldn't miss that.
Mike brought me right home after Sacrament Meeting where I feel asleep for about 1/2 hour before everyone else came home. Sunday I just hung around with ice.
Monday was a killer. I was still hobbling around with crutches, but mostly hung out on the couch. My precious children surrounded me on the couch for way too long. I was wanting to wish school back in session. Poor children. It's not their fault that I can't even climb up or down stairs to get a level away from them for just a minute!!!! I just know that being laid up is no fun. And when Mike went food shopping for me (which I really appreciate) he didn't buy me any bon bons for me to eat while sitting on this couch doing NOTHING! I can't wait for my ankle to get back to normal!

1 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

Man, if it takes you breaking your ankle to get you to post all of these sweet pictures, then I say break the other one too!!! ;)

Just kidding. I hope that you're up and around very soon. (but until then, since you're just lying around, go ahead and post some more ;)