Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Oh, they're soooo cute - especially when they sleep!"

Those words are the saving grace for a few of my "most prized possessions" the past few days. Being a parent - at least trying to be a GOOD parent - with those that have their own ideas on how the world works is sometimes trying. That's the thing about everything in this life. Something that may be good can also be bad at another time. I have always loved watching my children grow and come into their own ideas about things. Even if they are stupid ideas, at least I had raised them to think for themselves. But that "thinking your own thoughts" thing can backfire as well. Not that Tyler is going off any deep end or anything, but he does have his own ideas about stuff. Teenagers have the same problem today that we had when we were teenagers (only 10 years ago for some of us). They think they are invincible.
Tyler has been on just this side of the obnoxious line - OK, he's actually stepped across that line this week. He is obnoxious. I guess I find some consolation that at least he feels unconditionally loved here at home enough that he can be a turkey around me and to me. It's really not much consolation.
It also could be that I am experiencing that precious time that comes around every 28 days or so that makes no one in this life understandable or me patient, but I DOUBT THAT LADIES. I am sure that it is all his fault. I really don't think that there is much he can do to remedy the problem short of 1 dozen red roses, an apology ad in the school newspaper and a heartfelt "Mom, you are the smartest, wisest, most knowledgeable, most wonderful person in the whole wide world" comment in front of all his friends followed up by a two handed/armed hug (not just the jock wave). Yup, the more I think about it, I think that would fix it. Do you think I ask for too much?
As I have told you all many times I always, always, always have 1 perfect child. Who that perfect child is might change by the minute, but at any one time one of my 4 children are treating me perfectly. I am a selfish person though, an sometimes 1 is not enough. Today, I've had enough. I need chocolate, a girls night out and some good ol' belly laughter!
GIVE ME WHAT I NEED GIRLS!

3 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

Nope....couldn't be that female thing...glad we've ruled that one out!

You crrrack me up girlfren'!

Ms. Kristen said...

My number one is sneaking a few unruly comments lately! Yes, he is hitting the teenage line! I hope he doesn't completly change! Hang in there.....chocolate and diet coke are my saving grace! I know, I know.....very bad for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so don't look forward to my kids being teenagers, I am soo close. I'm sure they can't be any worse then I was to my parents. PAYBACKS..... I guess!

YOu should go take a hot bubble bath and relax with all the chocolate in the house.

You will be your sweet self in 3-5 days. HA HA

How did Brigram's Parent/Teacher thing go. I didn't see any assault charges press against you in the paper, so I'm guess that Mike must of been holding you back.

Lunch after Thanksgiving?

Chelsie