Thursday, November 29, 2007

On Being Sick

Well, I have finally decided to admit that I am sick. I don't just have a little tickle in my throat or a runny nose. I am really sick. My ears are plugged. I can hear me, but when I talk it seems as if no one else can. They all say, "Huh?" which only aggravates me even more and turns me into scary mom. I usually only become scary mom when it is past about 8:00 pm or so and I am done being mom for the day. That's when "mom" becomes a "3-letter word" that is punishable with soap in the month. Being sick makes me "that mom" a lot earlier than 8:00 pm.
Anyhow, I am sick. My throat is the new home for an army of frogs (yes, a group of frogs is called an army, but I have been warned to leery of an army of frogs carrying guns or knifes). My head feels like what a stuffed animal head must feel like on a daily basis. My nose feels like I am smelling some really strong ammonia and it hurts.
Anyhow, even though scary mom has ruled the roost, Jeremy is the one that takes care of me the best. He was so sweet making me his famous Hot Cocoa from his secret recipe.
He is so sweet to me when I am hurt or sick. Apparently I am a little emotional as well as this is tearing my up at his thoughtfulness. Especially considering that a couple of weeks ago he came in to my room at 2:30 am to tell me that he threw up. The kind mother that is in my bed at such an early hour told him, "Go ahead and get some of the extra blankets and sleep on the couch. If you don't feel well in the morning you don't have to go to school." Is that the most thoughtful mom in the while wide world?
Anyhow, I also have a super boss who called me this morning and told me that I wouldn't be needed at work today. I was suppose to stay home and get better. People are so nice to me, even when I am a sick chick.
Anyhow, I'd better get better real quick because tomorrow and Saturday I am doing my one and only Christmas Bazaar at Badger Mtn. Elementary. I have made a ton of stuff this year including gift certificates for Just Say It! vinyl. Sick or not, I am going and smiling the whole time through! I love the bazaar. It is so fun to hear (most of) the comments about my stuff. It makes me feel good and we all need a little bit of that, scary mom or not!

2 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well Terilyn. I had that a couple of weeks ago, and it is no good. How great that you have Jeremy to take such good care of you though. I still remember you telling me about the muffins that he made you for Mother's Day (was it?) and he got up super early to do them just for you. He's a sweetie that one!

Mongolia, Choibalsun said...

We are also sorry to read that you have been sick. Looks like you were sick when you were helping us with the Thomas project. Sorry you had to do that and be sick at the same time. Get well and be happy. Glad you received some snow. We also see some out here. Glad you have not been affected by the high winds that has made Or - a - gone with the wind. Love you.