Friday, November 9, 2007

Your Best Reason For Blank Blogs

The following is the #1 reason why I have been lame on blogging this week.

Vinyl orders abound at my house. My back makes me feel like a 90 year old woman - where hunched over is a natural posture. For those of you who don't know the process, vinyl comes in a big long roll. My uber-smart computer allows me to write (or should I say design to sound artsy-fartsy) whatever I want in whatever font I want in whatever height I want and then sends it to my vinyl cutter. The vinyl cutter lovingly cuts out the design and then the rest is up to me. I have to "pick" away the extra vinyl leaving the great design. It is a beautiful thing when it is done (I love walls that talk to you), but it is a time consuming, back bending process.

I had to break yesturday for a quick workout at the gym and spent sometime trying to put my back back on one of those large workout balls. I'm glad no one was watching but my friend Dacia. Dacia already thinks I am a geek, so I don't have to pretend not to be one anymore when I am around her. Lucky her. She gets me in all my naturalness.

I am back at the vinyl machine this morning - these creative juices cannot be stopped!

2 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

Good thing you're only 28 so you can have all of the energy needed for the job!

Lee said...

You do vinyl letters.. do you sell them? I need some. You should call me. I think we could arrange a trade.