Well, the BIG night is over and the fun has now just begun! Mykie was ever fashionable in her "birthday" heelys making for the perfect illusion of a floating witch. Make-up curtosy of Mykalyn Productions. Pretty good for her first go with make up (by the way, that is why she'll have to wait until 12 to wear the real stuff. Anyone remember the 80's and all that blue eyeshadow?) She had a great time with her girlfriends and brought home way too much candy.
Brigam was our scary vampire (not Dracula, for some odd reason I haven't figured out). He did want the make up until we got into it, then he fought me all the way. It was worse when we tried to scrub it off in the shower. I am sure that he profusely thanked Heavenly Father in his prayers last night that he wasn't a girl and had to do that every day! He loved trick-or-treating. It was just he, Mike and I trick or treating which was reminisent of those earlier Halloweens with Tyler. He was very polite to the trick-or-treatees running from the houses after he got his loot saying, "I said thank you mom!" He loved the fact that he got a stash of sugar of his very own. He did share one cherry flavored tootsie pop with me. Very thoughtful after all the walking we did last night.
So those were scary things, but the following was the scariest of them all:
Tyler goes to his first Homecoming. He's so handsome, Kelsey Carver is a knock out and my baby is off and in the dating world. I guess that before now he was in the dating world, but now he's all dressed up and looking so old. It was a double date and they had a great time. Appearantly, Tyler tore it up on the dance floor (I don't know if everybody else thought that he tore it up too, but he said that he did utilize some of the moves showcased in the movie Hitch. I think that the moves were the ones that were banned by Will Smith's character, mind you.) It's weird watching your kids grow sometimes. Brings back some memories - some fond, some not so fond. But I am so glad that he is who he is. He is an awesome guy that will be an awesome man! Stuff for you all to look forward to my friends!

4 thoughts on this subject:
I'm impressed that Mykie did her own make up. She did a great job!
I can totally picture Briggy running down the street yelling back to you that he indeed did express his thanks!
Holy Crow, Tyler is dating!!!!! He and Kelsey look so cute! What an awesome time. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to witness some of those Hitch moves!
Wow your kids are so big. Mykie is so cute!!! And Tyler can't be that old!! Isn't he still 12???
Tyler went with Kelsie? A dream come true! Cute pictures!
Kristen-Do you have a blog?
Post a Comment