Sunday, November 11, 2007

Snowboarding Season is Almost Upon Us

Saturday was a special day, it was the day we get ready for snowboarding! Mike, Jeremy and Tyler spent a good part of the morning at the annual Ski/Snowboard Swap at the fairgrounds. We had a few items to sell, but we also had a few items we were in need of.

Jeremy got some sweet snowboarding pants with butt and knee padding (not that he'll need it, he is a crazy man on the slopes - bombing it down the mountain stoping only for the lodge) for only $10.00. They are a great buy! He and Mykie also got new "Clicker" bindings so that they don't have to mess with straping their boots in anymore. They just step on them and head off down the mountain.

Mykie loves snowboarding. She is a natural at it.
Her gymnastics talents with balance really make
snowboarding come easy for Mykie. She is really looking forward to trips with dad and the boys this year. They will plan their annual one for Utah in April when they will take in a little boarding and General Conference with Mike's siblings.


Brigam is also looking forward to snowboarding season this year, although he has never snowboarded before. He has always been a little frightened at the thought of putting something attached to his feet on a mountain covered in slippery stuff, but for right now - he's pumped.

I do think that this is how most of his first snowboarding experience pictures will turn out, just that the surroundings will be white and wet. Hopefully, he'll just jump right back on and try it again.
As for myself, I haven't been snowboarding for years. I haven't even gone since we've been up here. I went a couple of times in Utah and really liked it, but the mountain was just 20 minutes away and I could leave anytime I wanted to. Here you have to drive at least 2 hours and stay ALL DAY because Mike is going to get his money's worth. We'll have to wait and see if I can try it this year. But knowing that I will be in the same position as Brigam for most of the day - that thought is kind of a downer! I wonder if the lodge has some place I can lie down, hummmmm...

1 thoughts on this subject:

tharker said...

No broken collerbones this year okay?!